Thread: Sliding Door Removal

Default Sliding Door Removal

Does anyone know how to remove the sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom? I have to do some door repairs.

Thanks,

Gil

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, You have to think thru this carefully. First the door needs to be closed, with you on the bathroom side of the door. Second in the bedroom you need to have the playmate of the month, needless to say the door should be able to be removed easily, have fun! Just full of it tonite Gary!

Hi Gil. A typical sliding door on a ceiling rail will have two threaded studs attached to roller holding it. However, the molding on the slide header may have to be removed to get to them. Additionally, molding on the side pocket wall may need to be removed on one side as well to remove the door. The door is typicall a inch or less wider than the opening, so the verticle molding needs to come off to free the door.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks Gary and Gary. I'm not sure which recommendation would be harder. Given that neither wall on either side of the door is removable, I hope I can come up with another idea.

Gil and Durlene

Gil, I have double doors between bath and bedroom. I found that by removing the door stop that is in the middle of the upper track, this will let you slide the door, to be removed, to the center of the door way allowing you to see the upper part of the door and the rollers.

Thanks Larry. My CC is a side aisle bath and it has a single door between the the bath and bed rooms.

Gil and Durlene

Gil, I just removed and adjusted the sliding doors between my bedroom and bath (double door) and galley and bath. On my 2000 XL the headers on the bathroom side of each door track pulled straight down. They have velcro on the very top edge and a little silicone holding them up. I was able to pull them down by hand after wiggling them a bit back and forth and pulling straight down quite hard on one side at a time. Once the inside (bath side) header is removed you can access both the adjustment screw and the plastic lock which swings away to drop the doors from the roller carriages. Not sure on the bath to toilet room door. I have not been able to pull the inside header panel down on this door. I tried by protecting it with wood blocks on each side and a large channel lock to no avail like the other two. Good luck, hope this helps.

Gil, keep me in the loop on this one since we both have side aisles and our Buses are only a few numbers apart.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty