Thread: Mount Rushmore

Default Mount Rushmore

We want to stay near Mount Rushmore on the way to the POG rally. 45 footer/no toad. Suggestions appreciated.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Rafter J RV Resort in Hill City, SD. It is 8 miles from Mt. Rushmore. This is the most spacious RV park you will ever encounter, unless someone builds one in the middle of the Sahara Desert. It is a family campground, so expect some families with dogs, kids, and mother-in-laws! It is built on rolling hills with about 100' between sites! Really nice!

If you look at President Washington long enough, he'll blink!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Hi Corey,

Elkhorn Ridge in Spearfish is a great place - we were there earlier this week. This is , by far , the nicest place in that part of the state.

http://www.elkhornridgervresort.com
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by coreygrubb View Post
    We want to stay near Mount Rushmore on the way to the POG rally. 45 footer/no toad. Suggestions appreciated.
    Corey,

If I remember correctly Mt Rushmore is about 8 miles from the Rafter J RV park. You will need to bring your tow car or rent one unless you carry bicycles. Well, on second thought, there is an RV parking area but it may be kind of tight. Perhaps, a call to the Mt Rushmore central office will answer the parking question.
    Last edited by merle&louise; 09-09-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: add'l infor
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I agree Elkhorn Ridge is A great place at the intersection of I 90 go south on US 85 1 mile. Its 50 + or - miles from Mt. Rushmore

Both Rafter J and Elkhorn are great choices. Given that you would like to be closer to Mt. Rushmore without your own wheels, I would recomend the Hill City KOA. Nice campground with all hookups. Best of all they have a shuttle to Mt Rushmore.