Thread: Installed the Silver Leaf VMS 640CL Glass Dash Today!

Default Installed the Silver Leaf VMS 640CL Glass Dash Today!

I dropped my coach off at SilverLeaf in Albany, OR this morning at at 4:00pm it was parked outside with a new dash. Dale Kemper did the work and is extremely knowledgable. He's one of the senior members of this small company and typically flys to the customer for the installation. It's so good to finally have a reliable dash. The orginal dash was beginning to given erroneous readings. If you like the old screen, this has the same display, plus other options. I also gained some dash space. The rear view camera is built into the new display. I just had the work done today, so I haven't had time to really appreciate the new capabilities. I'll report back later.

BTW, the fuel gauge appears to finally read correctly!

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, please keep us informed on your fuel gauge accuracy as you use the dash awhile.

Gil, If you have no use for the removed items Miles may inventory them for other members that may need parts.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Larry are you guys staying in MCCC right now? I was there last week to check on things and thought i saw your bus??

Can you post some photos of your new dash. I think members would ike to know more about this.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Please keep your old parts. Miles or Nick Hessler can salvage them for others who might be having trouble. They can be invaluable!!!!!!!!

Sid, no we are home getting ready to leaved for the POG Rally. Have to shine the Bus ,ya know. Will we see you in Las Vegas?

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. My old parts are "invaluable", hmmm that sounds like a lot of money. Should I hold an auction ;-)

Gil and Durlene

Here's a few pictures of the new glass dash. Unless you turn on the display, it looks exactly like what was there before. The switches that used to control the PC have been replaced with new selection switches and a selctore knob. This new switch pad sits in the same exact postion as the old switches. There is a bit of triming behind the display to get it to fit. Unlike the PC version, this one has all the intelligence mounted to the display.

The pictures show 3 drive screens, one shows the new switch pad. The other shows a scan screen. The scan screen allows you to select what is scaned in the upper right of the screen. Anyone interested should pull down the operators manual so you can get more insight into its capabilities.

Dash-3.jpgDash-2.jpgDash-1.jpg
    Dash-4.jpg

Gil and Durlene