Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Bay Lights are INOP.

Default All Bay Lights are INOP.

I returned home from service to find all the bay lights inoperative. Of course, the service people didn't touch it and have no idea why they don't work.
    The Breaker has been reset and is in, I checked for power there as well. The circuit seems rather simple, not a lot of components, just power, breaker, lights.
    On my CC the breaker is in the compartment outside, under the drivers side window. There is a light in that compartment that does work and is on the bay lights circuit.
    Another thing I noticed is the row of light switches in the gray/black tank dump bay are turned off by pushing the plunger switch that is activated by closing the bay door. Not sure if this is normal or not. Would some fellow CC please check to see if that condition is the same on their bus?

I hate being stumped by these sort of problems, they usually turn out to be something rather simple.

Larry, Yes closing bay doors turns off the row of switch lights in the plumbing bay and the front bay passenger side. With that in mind, there is a switch in the switch row of the front bay and another one in the switch panel next to the passengers seat that will turn off bay lights. Hope this helps.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim, thanks, it does help. Now I know all is functioning properly. Now just need to find the reason there is no power to the lights. Something is open some place.

Larry, the light in the panel under the driver's window is a Prevost light and is not assiciated with the bay lights. The same is true of the engine bay lights; they are Prevost lights. As Jim stated there are 2 switches that will switch the bay lights. If either is green when the panel lights are on the bay lights are switched on. Each light has its own switch on the light fixture. These should be left on. The bay lights, like most everything else, is controlled through the ECC--that large electrical panel in bay 1. The two switches go to one of the controller boards in the ECC that then applies power to the bay lights.

Do you have the electrical diagrams for the ECC? If not, I'll look up which board controls the lights.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil., no I don't have the diagrams, if you could look up the board I would sure appreciate it. I understand about the light switching and have had properly working light in the past. As to the Prevost light in in the fwd panel, my CB #52 is labled to control the bay lights, when opened that CB turns off the Prevost light as well as the bay[if they were working.] I checked the mother board fuses and breakers and all seem OK.

I am no electric wizzard but in the past i have had problums with the bosh type relay locakate the relay for the lights and
    replace with a new one at worst you will have a spare one some are 12v some are 24v. Just an idea i have had relay problums on my bus my mower my car some times they just conkout.
    Last edited by Repoer; 08-26-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: lost some of it

Repoer, as I read the diagram, there are no relays in the bay door light circuit. Thanks for the idea however.

Check the voltage at a light to be sure the bulb is good, next check the voltage at the switch. If you get the electrical diagram you can go from there.

Something tells me you did not bird dog the technician during service. Bad, bad, bad!

JIM

Larry, I'm thinking and thinking. There has to be an easy fix to this. 1. If you open all cargo bay doors on both sides are the lights out in every bay ? 2. When you activate the cargo light switch does one of the red lights start blinking on the mother board ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim, There is no voltage to the lights,[all11 of them] the bulbs are OK. Yes a diagram would be nice. As to monitoring the service techs, there were 3 of them and I only have 2 eyes <G>. I'm sure something was screwed up.