Thread: How OLD is your Bus

Default How OLD is your Bus

Well again I have to post a NEW [to me] wrinkle on the 'bus age' issue that some RV Parks are advancing. Just tried to make winter res. at a park in AZ that we have stayed at for the last 5 yrs. All of our info is on file from the past stays, so when asked if we still owned the Prevost, I said yes. I was then informed that to process my res. further, they would need a current Pix of the bus. What a pain!!!!!

This issue seems to be more from the parks that allow All forms of RVs as opposed to those that are strictly 'motorhomes'. LVM didn't question me when we signed up for some extra days before and after the POG rally, nor did they ask when we stopped in there for a few days this Spring.

Sorry, but except for a few ugly paint jobs, I haven't seen a Prevost that would not be well above the standard for these age rules.

Is it just the 'Target on My Back' [no comment Harbor Bus] or are other having the same issues?

I ran into this last year at Hearthside Grove when I called to make a reservation. The young lady on the desk that day did not know there are exceptions to this rule, so I stayed a week at the Signature Resort down the highway, a week at the KOA and a week in Travers City. I called today to talk about ownership at Hearthside and I asked that specific question, answer, as long as it looks pretty it will be allowed. Some of the nicer resorts are asking this and I understand the idea. Some one told me the other day that all the Prevost service facilities were going to implement this policy. (Just Kidding)

I've learned that if your Prevost is well maintained, it will be accepted.
    Michael & Debra
    04 Marathon H3-45 0851
    Matching ATC Silver Trek Stacker
    TOAD: Jeep Gladiator
    Houston, Texas

I just tell them an age number which complies to their rules. Never been challenged, never had an issue.
    The amazing thing is that my bus keeps getting younger.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

And the reality is that most of them can not tell or even know the age of a Prevost anyway. I find that they are just happy to have one there for their advertising. I have sen this over and over.
    Michael & Debra
    04 Marathon H3-45 0851
    Matching ATC Silver Trek Stacker
    TOAD: Jeep Gladiator
    Houston, Texas