Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condensation Collecting Inside Double Pane Window

Default Condensation Collecting Inside Double Pane Window

I have condensation building on the inside of the double pane window (2001 H3-45 drivers side window). Not sure the cause but it continues to build and will not dissipate while driving or in direct sun. I cannot dry or wipe the condensation since it is between the two panes of glass. Any thought as to the cause or how to remedy the issue. Thanks.

T, there is someone in fla that does this work and very resonable maybe some of the other members can tell you more Gary

http://www.suncoastdesigners.com/ I went here and had my door glass replaced one side resealed and installed 120.00 You go ther late after noon spend night they pull out glass about 6 am put back in about 2 pm spend night to allow glue to dry , leave in am .They have about 15 --20 50 amp with water and wifi all free you can also tour how its done GREAT
    Last edited by Repoer; 08-19-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: cant spell

Prevost does a fine job. If you watch the man work you would not argue with the price. The labor is worth it. The glass cost is too high in my opinion.

The job sounds easy, you be the judge.

JIM

HEY WHEN I TOLD YOU ABOUT SUNCOAST DESIGN HERE IS HOW IT BREAKS DOWN IF YOU NEED GLASS EACH PIECE IS 30.00 IF YOU WANT TINTED IT IS ABOUT 5.00 MORE DEPENDING HOW DARK , i ONLY NEEDED ONE SIDE REPLACED DUE TO ETCHING FROM LIME OR ACID IN THE WATER BETWEEN THE TWO PIECES OF GLASS THEY CHARGE 235.00 TO DO A FULL SIZE GLASS NOT COUNTING GLASS MOST OFTEN YOU DONT NEED GLASS THEY SAY, GLASS COST EXTRA AS I SAID ABOVE , THE DOOR GLASS AND DRIVERS GLASS IS SMALLER SO WHEN IT COMES TIME TO PAY THEY WILL CUT BILL IN 1/2 CASH NO TAX.YOU GET A TEN YEAR WARANTY . I HAVE A DRIVERS SIDE GLASS THATS A LITTLE BIT FOGY AND CANT WAIT TO GO GET IT FIXED I HAD SUCH A NICE TIME THERE ALL THE OTHER COACHES AND THIER PASSANGERS WERE SO KIND AND JUST FRIENDLY IT WAS A PLEASURE TO STAY THERE . WITCHIE WATCHEY SPRINGS IS RIGHT UP THE STREET . THE SIDE WINDOWS ARE GLUED IN AND HAVE TO BE CUT OUT ONLT TOOK THEM ABOUT FIFTEEN MINUTES , MY JOB WAS PERFECT I AM SELDOM ESTSTIC OVER ANY THING I HAVE DONE BUT WAS HERE. THERE IS NO WAY ANY BODY CAN DO A BETTER JOB AT ANY PRICE. MY REPAIR WAS ABOUT 120.00. IF YOU ARE IN THE AREA OR LIVE GIVE THEM A SHOT IT IS A HUGE FACTORY THA HAS ALL THE LATEST EQUIPMENT AND PAST HISTORIES TO DO A GREAT JOB. wINDOWS ARE THIER ONLY BUSINESS THE ALSO MAKE THURMO HOME AND COMERICAL GLASS.eVEN IF YOU DONT NEED GLASS GO ON THE TOUR OF THE FACTORY AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HOW IT IS DONE . GREAT PLACE TO SPEND THE NIGHT JUST NORTH OF TAMPA .
    Last edited by Repoer; 08-20-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks so much for the information. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Repoer View Post
    HEY WHEN I TOLD YOU ABOUT SUNCOAST DESIGN HERE IS HOW IT BREAKS DOWN IF YOU NEED GLASS EACH PIECE IS 30.00 IF YOU WANT TINTED IT IS ABOUT 5.00 MORE DEPENDING HOW DARK , i ONLY NEEDED ONE SIDE REPLACED DUE TO ETCHING FROM LIME OR ACID IN THE WATER BETWEEN THE TWO PIECES OF GLASS THEY CHARGE 235.00 TO DO A FULL SIZE GLASS NOT COUNTING GLASS MOST OFTEN YOU DONT NEED GLASS THEY SAY, GLASS COST EXTRA AS I SAID ABOVE , THE DOOR GLASS AND DRIVERS GLASS IS SMALLER SO WHEN IT COMES TIME TO PAY THEY WILL CUT BILL IN 1/2 CASH NO TAX.YOU GET A TEN YEAR WARANTY . I HAVE A DRIVERS SIDE GLASS THATS A LITTLE BIT FOGY AND CANT WAIT TO GO GET IT FIXED I HAD SUCH A NICE TIME THERE ALL THE OTHER COACHES AND THIER PASSANGERS WERE SO KIND AND JUST FRIENDLY IT WAS A PLEASURE TO STAY THERE . WITCHIE WATCHEY SPRINGS IS RIGHT UP THE STREET . THE SIDE WINDOWS ARE GLUED IN AND HAVE TO BE CUT OUT ONLT TOOK THEM ABOUT FIFTEEN MINUTES , MY JOB WAS PERFECT I AM SELDOM ESTSTIC OVER ANY THING I HAVE DONE BUT WAS HERE. THERE IS NO WAY ANY BODY CAN DO A BETTER JOB AT ANY PRICE. MY REPAIR WAS ABOUT 120.00. IF YOU ARE IN THE AREA OR LIVE GIVE THEM A SHOT IT IS A HUGE FACTORY THA HAS ALL THE LATEST EQUIPMENT AND PAST HISTORIES TO DO A GREAT JOB. wINDOWS ARE THIER ONLY BUSINESS THE ALSO MAKE THURMO HOME AND COMERICAL GLASS.eVEN IF YOU DONT NEED GLASS GO ON THE TOUR OF THE FACTORY AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HOW IT IS DONE . GREAT PLACE TO SPEND THE NIGHT JUST NORTH OF TAMPA .

Are you freaking kidding me? Prevost charged me $3k for a trap window replacement job.

Doug, They know a " High Roller " when they see one. Like Roger Foster say's " You just can't hide money. "

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

A couple of years ago we stopped at Suncoast to have them remove, repair and replace the door window in our coach. They knocked on the door at 7 am only to tell me that they couldn't (wouldn't) be able to help me since they might break the glass in the process.
    We left there a bit unhappy.
    I would call them and be specific as to what you need for service before making the trek.
    Nice people, though.

I removed the glass in my sliding window myself and Nick Hessler helped me install the new one. I am a huge DIY guy, and I would NEVER do this myself if I lived near one of the mentioned places that does it. Not to mention, you get one drop of the Sikaflex on anything in the interior (like the seat) and you will hate life. Nick and I had stuff draped-off like a scene from "Dexter"!