Thread: Chassis Service in Portland

Default Chassis Service in Portland

Can anyone recommend a shop in Portland, OR for chassis work? I'm looking for someone that knows the IFS on a 98. I think I need shocks. FWIW, the Detroit shop in Anchorage had never seen a Prevost IFS.

Thanks,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, Did you get to stop at Country Coach while you were out there ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Kaiser Brake & Alignment in Eugene, Or. 541-344-5887 Marathon Coach recommends them and I used them on my 01. They know the IFS very well!

Thanks Kevin.

Jim I'm still is Alaska. Our ferry arrives in Bellingham next Friday. Is there any reason to stop by CC? As I understand the new CC, they aren't supporting Prevost conversions any longer. Having owned a 2008 Beaver, I assume the new CC is similiar to the new Monaco, neither supporting products of the former companies. Maybe my understanding isn't correct.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, I have always wondered about the three facilities in that area. All advertise on the Country Coach Newsletter and membership info. Oregon Motorcoach in Eugene is co owned by Bob Lee. Premier RV Service in Junction City looks like a nice facility. Country Coach Corp in Junction City states they do service on all of the Country Coach products including Prevost. I think most of the original CC employees that were there when our Buses were built are still in the area split up between these three facilities. Can't help but think there is a wealth of knowledge available in that area.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Gil, I live in Wilsonville just south of Portland, I don't know anyone in PO that can help you. I would go to Eugene as Kevin recommended or Marathon in Coburg just North of Eugene on I-5. Marathon now will work on all Prevost, but for wheels and alignments issues they refer to Kaiser's in Eugene.
    Greg