Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver Leaf VMS 640CL Glass Dash Upgrade

If you own a CC with the glass dash and are concerned about the realiability, I recommed you drop an email to fellow POG member Ray Davis. Even if you have no immediate concerns - he has an alternative that is easy as can be to install and has developed a DDEC error code reader that is read via IPad plus it is a snap to install and use. Even I done it.

There are a number of POG members evaluating the program and I feel confident Ray would be glad to hear of your interest. CC or not. You'll need an Ipad and some additional hardware available from Ray.

All pertinent Engine functions including ground speed, "RPM, oil Pressure, Water Temp, boost, etc. No fuel or Air gauge but everything else. In dial format or bar slide.

Many thanks to Ray for his efforts and the time he has devoted to developing this very useful and beneficial app.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger, I didn't know you had this new toy ! Can't wait to see it.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Will be very happy to show it off to you and Patrick while enjoy an adult beverage after fixin my auto awning!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Re the AutoAwn comment: I spent the first 4 years of owning my 2002 CC, trying to get the AutoAwn to work consistently. LazyDays , CC, and one other service op could not get it right. Finally gave up on them and called ZipDee; got the guy on the phone who designed the thing. After some discussion, I wound up pulling the entire control panel, shipping it to ZD, where they overhauled it by installing new software and new air control solenoid valves. Got it back, reinstalled it, things worked OK a few times, then the breaker for the motor would pop on retract. Talked to ZD again, they said the main roller spring might be incorrectly pre-loaded. I arranged to have their service guy meet me at the FMCA rally that was coming up in OR that summer; he did, and the phone DX was correct. They reset the correct number of turns into the main spring, and the only problems since then have been that the two 12V. batteries in the control panel died (I got new ones from a Las Vegas battery distributor for about 60% of what Batteries Plus wanted); and the contol panel computer got out of synch with the awning position-an easy fix using the manual switches in the panel. Been working properly the last year or so, but I always hold my breath and cross my fingers while operating it.

Roger, thanks for the kind words. For those of going to POG 11 in Vegas, I will be demonstrating the apps there. I'm getting close to finally releasing, but a a little more work to be done. However, I have plenty of room in the beta program to add a few more testers.

PM or email if you would like more info. We have a number of POG testers on board currently.

Ray