Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southern CA mini-meeting this week

Default Southern CA mini-meeting this week

Hi All,

Ben (whereisben.com) will be coming down to Southern CA this week. We are talking about getting together informally, maybe going out and getting some pizza.

He's going to spend at least one night at my place in Lake Forest (92630). We are inviting all who would like to come join in for a meet and greet to join us. Not sure if it's Wednesday or Thursday at this point.

If you're interested, either send me email (rdavis@cox.net), or call (949) 463-0707 and let me know which night works best for you!!!

Thanks!

Default Meeting

Message on the way Ray.

For what its worth, we could make Thursday night, Wednesday would not be possible.

I PM'd you my cell number.

Thanks..

Warren

Jeff Bayley Guest

We can do Wednesday or Thursday. We are still searching for a trailer to buy to take my car and some household good to the new house in Florida. If any locals can tell of a deal on a trailer in California please tell.

win42 Guest

So Cal Members: On December 26th we are heading South on five toward El Cahon, Yuma and Tucson. Our first night will be spent somewhere between San Juan Capistrano and Solano Beach. my son and family in their 36 footer and us in our 40 ft. Prevo. We need a recomendation of a place to park for the night in that area. I see the State Parks list Max length of 35 feet. Please forward any recomendations. Wish we could join your earlier meeting, but christmas in N. Cal with family is a must do.
    Thanks
    Harry (530) 273-9124

Default So Cal Spot

Harry,

don't know if it would bother you to run onto I-15, but if so, I would try Pechanga in Temecula.

www.pechangarv.com

Once there you could run South 15 to I-8 in into Yuma.

Best of luck, wish you could make it down this week. The Christmas week we will be in Lake Havasu City AZ, so won't be able to come over and say hi, otherwise we would be there.

If you go to Pechanga, check out the Great Oaks Steakhouse... Trust me on this one
    Last edited by jello_jeep; 12-11-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Happy Holidays everyone. Unfortunately, I have been out with the flu for the last week. Still recovering. The only positive side is I get to monitor the POG several times a day. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Thursday is the Night

OK, I've heard from a couple, and Thursday seems to be the best night. I live in Lake Forest, where Ben will be parking, and I've got a great pizza place nearby up in Ranch Santa Margarita

What I need to know is anyone coming up in a bus, as that might make a difference in parking. Let's assume we'll meet around 630PM, and get to the restaurant (to be announced) no later than 7PM?

How's that work for all?

Ray

Question

[QUOTE=jello_jeep]Harry,

don't know if it would bother you to run onto I-15, but if so, I would try Pechanga in Temecula.

www.pechagarv.com

I think you meant http://www.pechangarv.com/ ?

Looks like a great RV Desitination.

Gary

Default Typo

Gary,

Sorry for the typo in the url.. I threw a fixin on it ! We lived there for 6 months whilst building a house, so were are a bit familiar with it

Default Dinner time

Ray,

sounds good, not sure what traffic will do from here, I don't usually travel that time of night to OC, but will give it a whirl. Maybe the Ortega Hwy would smile on us going that way in the evening, and be cleared up by the time we paddled home!