Thread: Generator Compartment Renovation

Threaded View

Default Generator Compartment Renovation

Hello to all,

I finally bit the bullet and started a project of renovating a deteriorating generator compartment. Aside from the insulation disintegrating, last April I had the experience of a brass fuel line fitting to crack soaking the floor and the insulation sucked up the fuel like a sponge. So it was time to clean up the mess and do something about the soundproofing and insulation. After reading up on the forum and doing a bit of research, I decided to go with SounDown products. I used their 2" vinyl/foam composite barrier with the white mylar finish and attached the material with SS screws and SS fender washers. Once finished, the composite will be covered with their QuieTech Perforated Aluminum (36% open area). To contain any future spills, I installed a 16 ga. SS pan on the floor. I have made a few mis-steps and have some corrections to make so I will post some finish photos once I get happy with the results. The attached photos show some of the problems encountered and progress thus far.
    Attached Images Attached Images