Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to disney!

Thanks all. We can definitely switch to LA49 as there isn't much mileage difference ... Is there a premium loop that you folks would recommend over the others? The kids are less of a priority here than easy of getting in and out of, privacy and quiet.

700 & 600 LOOPS IS MY PICK, BOTH ARE PREMIUM LOOPS AND BIG RIG FRIENDLY DARRELL

Doug, are you looking for a RV Park for your halfway mark stay or are you just as satisfied with a Rest Area? Around the Mobile area....On I-10 west of Mobile there are nice rest area stops.I can also tell you that there is a nice Rest Area stop in MS on I-10 at exit 13 (Stennis NASA Exit) Bay St.Louis Area . It has individual RV spots and a very nice & easy pull thru dump area. It is just west of Dan Smith's place on I-10. The rest areas around Pensacola are very nice also. Large area. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of these I have told you about.
    Good Luck at Disney Money World....You couldn't pay me to go there now. Been there done that.
    Sandy
    Last edited by CAPT MOGUL & Sandy; 08-17-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Doug,

The highway you want to take out of Shreveport is I-49 south not LA 49.

The exit from I-20 will read I-49 south to Alexandria, LA.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT MOGUL & Sandy View Post
    Doug, are you looking for a RV Park for your halfway mark stay or are you just as satisfied with a Rest Area? Around the Mobile area....On I-10 west of Mobile there are nice rest area stops.I can also tell you that there is a nice Rest Area stop in MS on I-10 at exit 13 (Stennis NASA Exit) Bay St.Louis Area . It has individual RV spots and a very nice & easy pull thru dump area. It is just west of Dan Smith's place at exit 16 on I-10. The rest areas around Pensacola are very nice also. Large area. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of these I have told you about.
    Good Luck at Disney Money World....You couldn't pay me to go there now. Been there done that.
    Sandy

I'm perfectly fine with a rest stop as as long as there's not hassle about some hours of overnight sleeping with the genset running (I NEED my air conditioning!!) I tend to prefer campsites over rest stops as I've had a few run-ins with creatures of the night and while noone got hurt, I did have to explain to one of them that if he kept bothering us (he was knocking on the door wanting money or something) I'd let my wife shoot him as I was too tired for the paperwork.

As far as Disney goes, the last time I was there they had lettered tickets "A-E" for the rides. So, other than showing my age, It should be a unique experience as the money gets vacuumed out of my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    Doug,

The highway you want to take out of Shreveport is I-49 south not LA 49.

The exit from I-20 will read I-49 south to Alexandria, LA.
    Thanks for the clarification .. I have it in my GPS .. so we are ready to go with navigation at least.

Doug,

We have stayed in Loops 300, 400, 500 and 800. We like 500 the best. I would say no to the 300 loop because it is better suited to small trailers and motorhomes. I had to have a shoehorn and Crisco to get the bus into the site. If you are taking a dog these will be your likely choices. If no dog, I personally like the 700 loop because it is most open and closest to the boat to the Magic Kingdom followed by the 600 loop because of its proximity to the pool and outdoor movie. We have always run our generator in the rest areas in Mississippi and Florida and have never had a problem. Both Mississippi and Florida have nightime security at the rest areas.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

MOST ALL ARE DOG LOOPS NOW INCLUDING 700 & 600 DARRELL

We are parked in Marthaville LA tonight ... I-49 out of Shreveport was a little rough at the beginning and smooth as glass about 10 minutes south of Shreveport. 3132 around Shreveport was pretty dicey .. I bottomed out my IRSI seat several times as we hit bumps, sink holes, concrete separations, tank traps, etc. I'd hate to have done that in a plastic rv as there would be a long trail of pieces like some kind of Winnebago branded breadcrumbs behind me.