Thread: Generator Blower Stops Working

Default Generator Blower Stops Working

Today my generator shut down due to overheating and it appears the blower is the culprit. When cool the generator starts and works fine but the blower - located in driver's side bay 2 - will not come on. I've checked the fuses and they are all fine; baffle is in place and was functioning fine just yesterday when I checked it. I'm getting power to the motor but it won't start. There are a couple of electrical boxes in the bay which are generator controls and in the top box there is a plug in device (dial on top) that makes a strange noise when the generator is started and when it is turned off. Any ideas appreciated!
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange

Richard,

Read this thread. It may be as simple as replacing the "Start Capacitor".

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...tart+capacitor

Richard,
    If none of the other wireing has been changed, most likely the electric blower is the culprit. You need to remove the electric blower motor and have it checked. our coach had the same issue. Luckily we pulled the entire cooling fan unit and saw that the cooling radiator had quite abit of blockage also. Our genset has approx 2500 hours of run time. The alternator on the unit is clearly visable from when you pull the radiator and we replaced it also.

Andre,

Is this a start/run capacitor? It started this morning and the fan worked for about 30 minutes and then shut down. I waited about an hour and restarted the generator and it ran fine for 3 hours and worked perfectly until I shut it down. I don't know if the motor or capacitor has a thermal shutdown or if the capacitor is just going bad. Either way I'll order a new one tomorrow.
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange