Thread: Can't start engine from key

Default Can't start engine from key

I hope this finds you well. I am trying to sort out an engine start issue and thought you could possibly help.

Long and short is that the engine will not start by key. I can start by remote at engine but not from inside the coach. When I turn the key on everything seems to power up and all indicator lights come up as they should, but will not engage starter. I have checked all of the obvious breakers but am missing it somewhere. Any guidance is appreciated.

Phone: *325.692.9141
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Tony, can't speak for your coach, but my (older) coach has had this problem. The front elec panel under drivers window, I have a 24v solenoid (old style Ford) has failed 2 times in 5 yrs, or... could your selector switch on DDEC panel in engine compartment be faulty or maybe not in the start normal position?

Found the culprit. Was a bad 24V relay in the engine bay junction box. Up and running again and much thanks to Colorado Bus for help with resources.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Wayne Rose knows his stuff.

Tony,
    Get that coach in great shape so you can make it to all the SEC games. Loc has been working on Millie for several weeks and she is looking good. Can you say "pyro-tech"? Millie looks like Vegas when all eight TV's are on at the same time. ....Now, far be it from me to start anything but I really don't see anything wrong with an SEC start of 2 and 8. I just want you to remember that. That's what friends are for.
    Pres

Reagan, as always I appreciate your deeply jaundiced support and encouragement. I dont know what to think of the season yet. Too many variables that none of us have seen. I am hoping for a 500 year.

I can't wait to see Millie all decked out with her new a/v package. Probably going to make me want to do something similar.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4