Thread: Tire Pressures

Default Tire Pressures

Our 99 shell Mirage XL with 315 tires says 100psi cold for the steers and 80psi cold for drive and tag. The Michilens say 100psi steer and 80psi drive and tag. What is everyone else running ? Am not towing and under max weight.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Hi Corey,

I have the same bus , I run at 105 front , 95 drive , 90 tag.

I was told that is what it should be when I bought it and so I have done that for 3 years.

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Every coach is different due to weight and what each axel is. Here is a link to the michilens web site for weight and pressure. This should help. http://www.rvtirepressure.com/assets..._Inflation.pdf

My view is that air is the thing that holds this coach up so I have been running 115 in front, 100 on the drive and 90 in the tags. From the discussions we have all heard, I have been afraid to run too little. A tire that requires 100 pounds can be over run at 55 MPH if it hits something like 75 pounds. I do not know the numbers but have always been a little paranoid. In Texas, where we have had 100 degree days, it is easily 120 cegrees on the highway, these things really heat up fast.
    Pres