Thread: overbuilt bike lift

Default overbuilt bike lift

I have an overbuilt motorcycle lift/carrier located in Maine. I am no longer using.
    If you can use it, you are welcome to it. you would have to pick up. too heavy to ship
    unless you want to arrange for the crating/shipping.

jim@cbcads.com

Default bike lift

I was looking for one what will you take for it i have a friend in bufallo that can get it shiped to me please call 386 804 5619 David might have to leave a message ill get right back to you'
    Last edited by Repoer; 08-19-2012 at 09:47 PM.

I love Maine this time of year, If the deal with Repoer doesn't pan out. Give me a call I'll come and pick:-up. my Dad lives in Ct and I could combine the two.
    Scott Middleton. 386-438-9293

Hey Jim My brother in Derry, NH. says he should be at your place some time early in the week. I have a transport truck picking up at his place Friday and ill have it by wed ordered the reciever from overbuilt for 350. should have it before i get the carrier . That way it will all be installed and i can pull out right away back to New England to visit my brothers . Thank you soo much .. I did want so much to carry a motorcycle instead of my truck , you made it soreal thank you with all my heart. If i can ever repay the favor let me know im in central Fl .you got my number.

Got all the new hitch parts and installed it today . Jim did you ever use it people tell me it will damage the bus how did it do for you??

Hi Repoer. There is several threads regarding these Motorcycle carriers installed on Prevosts. Generally , The Engine is attached to the transmission/Drive. So the Weight that is added is added to your Engine. Although Tonge weight on a trailer hitch is 10,000lbs, that is not verticle lbs. Its towing weight.
    So what can happen is weight stress on the engine cradle which is not rated for the added weight. This in turn can also cause the back of the Coach Shell to seperate at the seams at the top and sides.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

We have had a Hydralift on our 99 XL for about 2 years and 12,000 miles. The coach now has 120,000 miles. It has handled the weight of the motorcycle and the toad without any problems. I have seen the comments about the rivets on the top cap being loosened up by what was believed to be caused by the additional weight pushing down, but I have no evidence of this being true. But I continue to check this regularly.
    I have seen top cap damage caused by dragging the rear of the undercarrage thru low dips causing an upward push on the back of the coach. I suspect this is the most likely culprit of the damage to the top.