Thread: BEWARE Bus Scam

Default BEWARE Bus Scam

I had a voice mail today from "Mike" calling from 720-242-6877 who wanted to know if my bus was still for sale and asking that I return his call.

Well, I get a few calls a month regarding our Liberty Coach which is listed in several places, few of which are from what I consider to be "serious" buyers but this is the first that appears to be outright fraudulent.

I returned the call to the number listed above and there was no answer, only a message that the voice mail box was full. I decided to look up the number to determine where the call may have originated from. I found the following website pursuant to my search:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-720-242-6877

Apparently, this is an ongoing scam of some sort.

So, beware of transactions which originate from this number.

And to think that I was going to offer this creep a $50,000 discount on our RV lot if he bought the bus!! Good deeds never go unpunished....

Paul...
    We have our Navigator listed on RVonline and at least once a week I get an email or phone call (blocked) ... the email says they will buy my RV for cash but they are having a banking problem as they are currently overseas but they definately want the RV and will pick it up asap. Most of them say they are in the "service" and coming back very soon and want the RV waiting on them when they return... and that I should arrange the banking so they can "Transfer" the funds into my account. They will pay all the transporation costs to deliver the bus...
    I told them to take a long walk off a short pier !! And a few other not so nice things!! Now, I just delete them... it's sickening.
    Some are even written in the worst English you can imagine.
    The stories we get are amazing... scam after scam... unbelievable !!

Yes, Sellers "BEWARE" !!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

There was a scam where you were asked to call back to a certain 800 or 888 number , but it linked your phone number to a long distance charge. A huge bill would then show up on your monthly phone bill.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

A friend of mine received what looked like a legitimate cashiers check, drawn on one of our major banks, after he "sold" his street rod to someone... for $30,000. The deal had taken several days of negotiation and the check sure looked perfect. Usually, he wouldn't question a bank cashiers check.

For some reason, (I believe at his wife's suggestion, but who would admit that?) he asked the bank to check it out before actually depositing it.... and they informed him the next day that is was a fake. However, the cashiers check looked perfect, and it would have taken several days as it worked its way through the banking system to be discovered.

Luckily, he caught it before he released the car and title.

In the yacht and aircraft sales business we learned a long time ago - WIRE TRANSFERS ONLY.

What year is your liberty.

It was a 2000 on a 99 chassis Paul is no longer a bus owner or participating here.

Diane, we have gotten that same type of email or call here at our business as well. It's hard to believe the boldness of scammers.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL