Thread: Registering my new coach in California

Default Registering my new coach in California

We are taking delivery of our new coach this next week. We are purchasing the coach in Tennessee. We live in California. We will need to register the coach in California when we get home. I am looking for some information on what that is going to look like. Hopefully someone who has actually done this process in California can give me some insight on all the joys I have to look forward to.
    Being in California I have no interest in Montana LLC

Seems pretty simple, take your purchase paperwork to CA DMV and register it. This gets a bit more complicated if you have a lien (loan?) on the coach. Be sure to have a purchase agreement, if it's private party transaction, a hand written note describing the vehicle purchased, including VIN, mileage, purchase price and cost. Pretty straightforwards.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

That must be what the package that Incrediblebank is giving me. Thanks

Before they give you plates you have to pay sales tax on purchase price which is around 9% depending on what county you register in.

Then your plates are value based, I don't know how they get to that number but be ready.

Then if it's over 40 feet long you need a Class B Non Commercial license to drive in CA.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker