Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slide or no slide

Default slide or no slide

Going to look at a 2002 Vantare h3-45 no slide , coming out of 2006 signature 4 slide. concerned about room , any comments. Thanks Bob. Also any comments on the 2002 Vantare in general.

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

I have had Prevosts (Liberty) with no slides, single slide and double slides. The slides on a Prevost make a world of difference inside due to the large size of their slides. Fewer and fewer people want non slide coaches, so the resale value is much less. If you buy a non-slide, be sure you don't pay too much as when you want to sell it or trade it, you will get a good bit less than for a slide coach. I can't help you with Vantare as all of my Prevost experience has been with Liberty.

Re-sale value aside, it really depends on how you will use your coach. If you stay places for fairly long or extended periods of time, you willprobably want slides. If you mainly travel in the coach and stop for relatively short periods, slides can be more trouble than they are worth.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

For what it's worth, we went from a triple slide Beaver to a non-slide Prevost XLV, and couldn't wait to be "slide free".

It all comes down to how you use your coach. For us, we liked having the very same floor plan and access to "stuff" whether we were stopped for fuel, spending the night at a rest area or in a motorcoach resort.

Paul, you are right, it all depends on how you use your coach

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    For what it's worth, we went from a triple slide Beaver to a non-slide Prevost XLV, and couldn't wait to be "slide free".

It all comes down to how you use your coach. For us, we liked having the very same floor plan and access to "stuff" whether we were stopped for fuel, spending the night at a rest area or in a motorcoach resort.
    Amen ! We are travelers too.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

It does depend on how you use your coach !! If you use it for partying like going to and from games with groups of people no slides would be fine... however if you are a travelling family there's nothing like puting the slides out when you get where you are going... we went from a 2005 4 slide Navigator to a '98 double slide H3-45... we didn't notice much difference because the H3-45 feels much roomier inside than the XL... we didn't feel like we lost much... there's nothing like a Prevost for drive and ride and the H is awesome... also we love the Vantare conversion.
    It's all a personal preference... just get to know what you are buying before you buy it. Also would not buy a coach without OTR... (over the road air)....especially an H... also good when it comes to selling !!
    Good luck.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

We wnt from a 42-foot 4 slide Beaver to a no slide 45-footer. I'll tell you that my wife was not happy. She still reminds me of the space lost. With that said we have made it from Florida to Alaska without slides and have done just fine. We don't have a king size bed any more and walking around the custom queen sized bed is a bit tight. We used to bring my daughter's family with us ocassionaly. We can't do that anymore with only a jack knife sofa. We used to have a jack knife sofa and queen size hide-a-bed. The kitchen is much smaller and there's a much smaller main TV. We replaced the hydralic pump on our 2008 Beaver twice! With the slides closed the Beaver was way too tight and some cabinets could not be accessed. So, it you have slides, expect to need to use them; at least that was the case with our Beaver. If I was willing to pay the price, my choice would be an XL chassis with a single Prevost installed slide.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

We went from a 4-slide Essex 2007 to our present 2005 Liberty H with 2 slides not much difference! The window are so big and lets in a lot more light than in a coach like we used to have, don't miss the other two slides. Wish I would have made the move sooner, well we just love traveling in it, and drives like a dream! Good luck on your hunt! Gary

I totally agree with Gary about going from 4 slides to 2 slides in an H... very little difference.. we have never missed the other 2 slides. Infact the bedroom is bigger in the Prevost and no stepup on the engine side of the bed... love it. It feels big inside and with the slides in you don't have the closed in feeling that you have with 4 slides in... such a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael View Post
    We went from a 4-slide Essex 2007 to our present 2005 Liberty H with 2 slides not much difference! The window are so big and lets in a lot more light than in a coach like we used to have, don't miss the other two slides. Wish I would have made the move sooner, well we just love traveling in it, and drives like a dream! Good luck on your hunt! Gary

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD