Thread: Virginia

Default Virginia

We are leaving from Chattanooga on a five week road trip. Plans put me on I 81 which I have driven numerous times on business and passing through BUT this time I need a place between Roanoke and Stanton after departing Lake Toxaway It is 550 miles from LT to Cherry Hills where we will stay for three days and I just want to split it up and maybe take in the sites and history. Natural Bridge is about all I can find. Dad went to Washington and Lee and mom Mary Washington so been there done that.

81 is nice but why not get off and do Skyline Drive? Big Meadows campground is nice (and cool) I was up there again last weekend. 110 in Washington and cool up there. Park service has great food and wine.

John

Try Endless Caverns RV Resort - Debbie & I stayed there a few years ago - nice place right off of 81

Jamie

Jamie I saw your post in the other thread after placing this one up and it fits perfect We are headed to DC for three days out to Boston them Montreal Toronto up to Barrie Sudbury and acroos the Mackinaw Bridge to you guys But I am going to
    check the Skyline Drive We love do the Parkway while visiting Toxaway Thanks for both inputs and Jamie see you and Deb end of third week Aug

John, you can stay fee at my place, 30 miles south of Roanoke on the Blue Ridge Parkway mp163, full hookup with sewer and water, check out Viginia on this site