Thread: Chassis Battery Light/Vanner Battery equilizer

Default Chassis Battery Light/Vanner Battery equilizer

On our first trip in our 2006 CC XL-II we left last week from Florida to Colorado and somewhere in Texas the dash light came on that the Battery volts were too high(17.2) We continued to Salida,Co. and upon checking into a campground we noticed a foul odor coming from the engine batteries. I called back to Troy at Liberty Coach (dealer purchased From) Troy gave me the Prevost 800 number for in network dealer repair centers. We decided to take it to Denver Volvo (closes to us) We where told it was a first come first service facility. Well we got it there Noon on Monday and they didn't look at it to yesterday morning. They informed me I trashed the Batteries so they replced the 4 engine batteries and then found out it was still overcharging. I told them of the conversation I had with Troy at Liberty suspecting the Vanner Equalizer and they said they would have to talk with Tech support....So here I sit on a Sunday Morning a Coach at a Prevost recognized facility and they have no clue on how to trouble shhot this problem, Hell Troy called them yesterday afternoon and explained what to do and today still nothing. What would you guys do pick up the Coach and make a run for Florida or wait it out and see if they can figure it out. I'm supposed to be at a Pharmacy Convention Tuesday night in Orlando....feeling really stranded at this point.....Help

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Default chasis battery light vanner/equalizer

J, try Arrow Coach there in Denver. They are a charter bus company, and I have used them on a prior trip through there. They did an excellent job, very friendly and helpful. Also, use the search function for other info. Just enter Denver and see if any others might have had service there.
    Good luck
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 07-08-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added search statement

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the suggestion, I called Arrow and spoke with Gene and they agreed to look at the Coach in the morning. Hope your enjoying the day.......Scott

I think Pete has given you good advice. Don't make a run for Florida with an overcharging issue. Vanner is a reputable company and with the right person they will probably trouble shoot the problem over the phone.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Scott, just curious as to your battery/equalizer situation. Did you get it fixed? Would like to know how it turned out.

Pete & EJ Petree
    Sealy, Texas

Hey Guys,

Still dealing with this issue, Although we were able to move our Coach to Arrow Charter,Gene the service manager couldn't have been nicer he diagnosed the problem as a bad alternator. New one should be in at 10:30 Tuesday morning. The bigger issue today was the Coach wouldn't go into gear, and the pin slides wouldn't go in or out. Took 3 hours and tech support from Prevost to override the system. This trip has been a challenge to say the least. god willing we'll be on the road tomorrow and there will be a trip to Jacksonville Prevost soon!

Thanks to everyone who has helped us out and kept my spirits up. Please if your ever in Denver stay clear of Denver Volvo, they had no clue on what to do, it's like I brought them the space shuttle for service.

Thanks for all the good advice and thanks to Arrow Stage Lines for getting us back on the road. If you ever have problems with your coach Gene Wordekemper is the best! Denver Volvo (suggested by Prevost) was completely wrong.Thank you Pete Petree for giving me Gene's name.

Sounds great, have a safe trip, glad we could help, after all that's what POG is all about.

Pete & EJ Petree
    Sealy, Texas