Thread: Overnight Recommendation Near Castle Rock (S of Denver) CO?

Default Overnight Recommendation Near Castle Rock (S of Denver) CO?

We are passing through the Castle Rock area on the way to Tiger Run, and would like to overnight there to have dinner with friends. Any suggestions in the area? Nothing shows up on RV Reviews that I can find.

Thanks

Located a place called "Jellystone" which used to go under a different name. Problem is, they want 2 night minimum which translates into $106 for 1 night on gravel sandwhiched between the train tracks and the interstate. Will keep looking...

Could leave the bus at a public overnight type place but I am not real fond of that idea since we will be away for a few hours eating dinner.

Loc, where is the closest campground and what site should I ask for?
    Last edited by GDeen; 07-02-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: sp

I know it is "Too Late" but campgrounds for the Big Rigs around Denver are few and far between. We stayed in a small one in the little town of Elizabeth recently its about 25 miles due E of Castle Rock. Pretty much bare bones but quiet & good elec/water...Jelleystone is a farce, way too much $$$ for what you get. I-25 is absoloutly bumper to bumper 24/7 and the trains are close. You will actually feel them. Heavy grade for them and pulling 100-120 cars of 130ton coal, those big diesels are working hard.
    Jim & Chris could have maybe helped you out.

Best one we found was in the Denver area was in Golden right off of I-70. That would be a drive to get to Castle Rock, but it is close to the loop road that goes around the south side of Denver. The park is called Dakota Ridge. The website is www.essentialcoloradorv.com. It is a sister park to Elk Meadows in Estes Park. The sites are a little tight in places, but it has paved roads and paved sites. Have a good trip.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Cherry Creek State Park off I-25 on Parker Road in Aurora. Parker Road will take you straight south 20 miles to Castle Rock. Cherry Creek SP handles big rigs in 80' pull throughs w/50 amp service. Highly recommended place.

We've stayed at Cherry Creek SP and Chatfield Reservoir ( a few miles west right off C470. Only problem is, mostly first come first serve for any available spots. Almost always full during the "season". That said, David is right , facility is Excellent and so much is close by.