Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a trailer from CA to FL

Dreadought,

I'm interested in talking with you about a trailer. Can you email me at mike@mangomikes.com

Thanks

PS Sent you a PM.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

FWIW: I was lookin' around for a trailer here in FL and there is a glut of them on the market here (That means a lot of them). Most are priced well below what seems reasonable; a buyer's market. If Fast Roger ever figured out how to move 'em around, he'd be here in a minute.

So, this is the place to buy, not to sell a trailer, or so it seems.

That's the problem with Florida and trailers, just like the trucking business. Lot's coming into the state and nothing going out. Some of the trailer rental places had a moratorium on one ways to Florida, they just had no way to get them back out of state. Let's face it, there are a bunch of folks moving to Florida from the frozen north, but not many going in the opposite direction. Jeff is right, good place to buy, bad place to sell.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

You might be on to something Tom and Jeff. There is your backhauls Tom. Haulin empty U-Hauls north

Joe,
    The old saying is we have a load of dispatcher brains going north!

Southbound they carry sailboat fuel.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u
    Lot's coming into the state and nothing going out.
    Reminds me of my first wife ......................

Jeff Bayley Guest

Monday morning I've got to pick up with getting the bus wiring harness matched up to work with this 9 pin wiring harness. I've got to get a brake mechanism installed on my bus. Can anyone tell me what should expect to pay for this parts and labor and if there is a preferred brand to use with a Prevost ? Should I let Prevost in Mira Loma do it to and bear the high bill in order to get it right ?

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bayley
    Monday morning I've got to pick up with getting the bus wiring harness matched up to work with this 9 pin wiring harness. I've got to get a brake mechanism installed on my bus. Can anyone tell me what should expect to pay for this parts and labor and if there is a preferred brand to use with a Prevost ? Should I let Prevost in Mira Loma do it to and bear the high bill in order to get it right ?
    One of the best electric brake controllers out is the Prodigy, it's also kinda expensive as controllers go, you can expect to pay $125+ for one depending where you shop. Camping World sells them and might be able to install it for you - providing a national warranty on both parts and labor.
    Here's something I have used with some success while on the road and in strange towns, go to the local truck stop and while you're having a coffee at the counter ask a couple of drivers if they live in the area and where they have their trucks serviced when they don't do it themselves. Usually they'll steer you to the best local service and parts locations.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

After working with the Hitman at his Maine RV dealership, I have learned that the slickest way to hook up a toad is to run new wires to new lights on the toad-tail, bypassing all the stuff on the car. Put in new bulbs in the fixtures. That way, no diodes or screwing around with the existing electrical system of the toad. If anyone has any questions about it, you can call Frank at Moon's RV at 207-832-4444. Just tell him you are a friend of Mango Mike and Jerry Winchester and he'll get out from underneath a rotting slide he is working on and help you out. The Hitman is a Master Refrigeration Tech and an Master RVIA tech.

He actually works for a living. Ewwww.