Thread: H3-45 vs XLII ???

Default H3-45 vs XLII ???

Seriously looking at acquiring used Prevost - 2005-2009 - will be for personal use and will operate and maintain myself. I am not very familiar with the H3 model - was wondering what the advantages - disadvantages are - seems like H3 is designed more for having a 3rd party driver - as well as losing "co-pilot" seat for salon use option - is there a market preference - I see and understand stainless side - is this just a personal preference ? would appreciate some opinions - etc - Thanks - Ray

My personal preference is the H3-45 VIP with two slides.. We like to camp on waterfront lots and enjoy the panoramic view with the large windows in front and sides.. Just like a Pent House.. The extra space in the bays is good.. we tend to fill them up on our journeys.
    The outer appearance is awesome... Lots of compliments We stand out in any rv park.. or public place.. I prefer the driver compartment and my wife Diane pulls the front seat forward and is very comfortable ... My grand daughter enjoys the Master aft bedroom and big flat screen in the back .. The coach is very quiet and you cannot hear the generator or engine running while you are on the road... Be sure to get a coach with Over The Road Air as it will cool the bus like a meat locker.. cold!! Often when approaching low bridges we get a feeling we are not going to clear but experience with knowledge of our height and the sign on the bridge gives you assurance you are safe.. We cruise at 65 and let cars pass and feel safe We tow a Z 71 4X4 surburban and do not even feel it back there. It is nice to look at the computer fuel printout and see 7 mpg with plenty of power .. Diane and I have our own Maintenance crew and use a local German mechanic who is a genius.. as well as Diane supervising all work.. She also refurbished the interior and did most of the work with her crew.. She is very talented as well. Diane and I both drive the coach .. you may call either of us with any questions and ask Diane first as she is very technical oriented... She knows the inverter programs and the wiring in the coach and all ac and lighting...
    Last edited by Seabyrd; 07-01-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: typo

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Roppie, I would lean towards the H simply because of all the delamination problems with XL's not to say all XL's have problems but this could end up costing thousands of dollars out of pocket see other threads on this subject, on this site! Gary

The XLII provides a considerable amount more headroom inside which some people like. I've also heard that since the floor is lower on XL that the handling/cornering is a little better but i've not driven an H so can't attest to that personally. On the other side is the H provides additional sq footage because it is useable floor space all the way to the rear of the coach. Some H's have a rear bath which is not possible with XLII. Either way you can't go wrong. Both are amazing machines that really have nothing else comparable.

Thank you for your comments - at this point I am considering both models but intend to learn more the next two weeks before buying - thanks again -PS We are Texans as well - Dallas area !

Dallas area? You've got about 24 hours to see my H3-45, (currently in Murphy) then it hits the road for a month. There are a couple of places with used Prevosts for sale in the area too.