Thread: Newbie here.......hoping Prevost in the near future!

Default Newbie here.......hoping Prevost in the near future!

Hey folks from NC. I have a small trucking company, big trucks, small company, and have been interested in Prevost's for years and hope in the near future to be a proud owner of one. I don't know of one pro or con on Prevost's versus say, the Mountain Aire or others.... so I do need some advice on why I should own a Prevost vs the others. I was able to convert a 48 foot trailer into a great RV that is pulled by my ole 84 Peterbilt and what a party that stirs up at the track and the beach. I hope to hear from y'all in the near future, and in the meantime, keep on trucking.
    Dave Middleton-------------dave@daybreakerexpress.com

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Best advice I can give.......Go drive one! Then let us know the difference!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Dave,
    Before I bought mine I had the same thoughts. We had nevered owned a motorhome so in an attempt to get the best for what we wished to spend we looked at alot of makes and models. During the process we came upon a used Prevost on a plastic coach dealers lot. I had a preconceived idea that we didn't want to spend what it would take to own one. The sales guy wanted to show it to us anyway. Sooooo we took a look and as I suspected it was more then we wanted to spend so our search continued. From that experience on as we would look at other plastic coaches and talk to sales people I would ask during our conversations how they compared to a Prevost. More times then not the reply would be something along the line of Prevost's were in a class of their own so you really could not compare. After hearing that enough times it became apparent to us that a Prevost was the way to go. Bought one and have never regretted it. Now if you want to ask about the cost to own and enjoy a toy like this it's probably better to buy one first unless your determined to NOT OWN A MOTORHOME!!!! Good luck.

Dave I owned a Essex 2007 and bought a H liberty cost to maintain but you think that "Pete" turns head wait till you show up in a bus! Gary

This thread could go on for a while. My own experience after owning several RV Diesel pushers and a gas RV, the moment I drove a Prevost I was
    hooked. The ride is smooth and quiet. The Prevost construction is A+. The convertors are all very miticulous and thorough. The componants used
    are found in the marine world as well as the RV industry. These Coaches don't even hit their stride until they have over 100,000 miles on them.
    Yes, you will have to maintain them & replace parts that go bad, no different then any other machine. Parts are less expensive than Mercedez or Porsche parts, more expensive than some american parts.
    The best advice I can give you is to do the research, ask a lot of questions, spend some time on the road seeing and driving Buses, come to a rally and see and meet prevosts and owners.
    Maintence records and knowing a history of a coach will go a long way in helping with the decision making. Outside paint colors matter more than interior colors, you can change the interior easier and cheaper than changing the paint outside.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide