Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erratic Gauge Readings

Dale's post reminded me of a sheet of information Miles found when he was gathering information from Country Coach at Country Coach. It is titled " Trouble Shooting Digital Dash. " Looks like it was written by in house Techs. Not real comprehensive but it includes more information than most of us know. If you give me your email address I will send it to you.

There is no way to test the Generators Auto Start. The Gen Com Board is in the Generator Bay accessed from the second bay back on the passenger side. The original setting started the generator at the voltage drop specified by Country Coach. I thought it allowed voltage to get to low and I sent mine in to Gen Com and had them raise the start up voltage point level.

Tell us how your trip is going and if you have made it to your destination.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim,

Nick sent me some data yesterday that may have included the same troubleshooting aid. The aid doesn't go into much detail, as you suggested. I see from the data that newer variants included a GPS, mouse, second screen and a few other items.

I did find 2 boards behind the TV that had wire 291 going to them. Yes, the 24V was on both of them. There are at least 3 boards behind the TV. Two sitting flat on the floor of the TV cabinet and interconnected with a ribbon cable. The other board is mounted in the upper left of the cabinet nearest the front cap. My bet is the two interconnected boards are for the voice response system. I'm still am not sure where the data interface board is that samples the 24V and directly feeds that to the computer over the D900/901 cable or other direct connection to the computer.

We began our trip outside Tampa. We stopped at Prevost-Jacksoville to have the bags replaced as a routine maintenance item. Then we spent a couple weeks with my daugther's family in Virginia, outside of DC. Since then we've been on a pretty fast track to Alaska to get to my sister's home in Palmer before she closes of it's sale. The weather has been hit or miss, with the first three days out of VA mostly rain. I was a bit surprised just how high the road tolls are for 5 axles through PA, OH, and IL. We anticipated some gravel roads in Alaska, but not in the US. Much to our disappointment we had a good 10 miles of gravel on US 2 through Montana. It seems they take out the existing two lanes first when they are widening the roadway from two lanes to four! Crossing the border could not have taken more than 5 minutes; that was a pleasant surprise. We got stuck here in Edmonton, which isn't a bad place to be stuck. The weather last night and early today was cold, gusts to almost 70mph, and heavy rain. I also discovered both belts of the right side A/C and alternator. One was broken, the other just sitting there. It must have occurred in the park given I didn't have any indications of an alarm. The pulley for the A/C doesn't have the right size pulley. The V's aren't wide enough to match the other 2 pulleys. I hope the belt that failed did so because it was it's time or from a rock getting into path. Anyway, belts have been replaced and I bought a set of shorter ones that will allow me to bypass the A/C unit if I have to. The only other problems I need to work on is the air compressor sometimes trips the breaker and there's a small leak somewhere above the driver's side seat. It's slight and only there when there's a big down pour.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks for the update on your trip. Try to slow down and enjoy it. Don't make the same mistake I always make. I forget it is about the journey, not the destination.

Sounds like you have the same Digital Dash informaton I have so at this point I'm out. Don't think I can do much good for you. The leak above the drivers position will most likely be the marker lamp. They all need the gaskets replaced from time to time. Some removable calk over the top edge will get you by until you get new gaskets. The belt configuration for the Over The Road AC is the only downside of the system. I have found a B93 or 94 lasts longer than an X belt with the notches. I have always wondered what number belt would work if the AC Compressor or Alternator went out. I would appreciate knowing what number belt you purchased for a spare.

Sorry to hear about Harley.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim B85 or BP85, depending on your source, will fit if you only want to support the alternator.

We have had some 300-400 days, but generally, once we hit Canada we have slowed down. We're at Mile Marker 0 of the Alaskan Highway today.

Thanks for you comment about Harley.

Gil

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion