Sorry I don't have insight into exactly where the problem was, but I suspect it was resistance at the connections between the wire and spade lugs.

I too have some cracks in my Glendinning plug. I ordered a replacement from them, but I have not yet installed it. It looks good and it will fit in the SS tube without a problem. They (Glendinning) charged $90.00 plus shipping for the plug. When it arrived, I found it to be a "Bryant" brand plug model 9452-ANPB. This Bryant plug is readily available for $30-40 elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, GD is a great company with a great line of products. I have, and will continue to, use them in both RV and boating. I just think their price was a little steep for a replacement item. I do think this plug is superior to what is easily available at Camping World, etc.

GD will mold on a new sealed assembly if you send them your cord, or stop by their place in SC. However they told me it would take "a day or two" and not to stop in and expect to be on the road quickly.