Thread: Glendinning plug

Hybrid View

Jim,the number in the picture is 9451c,which is a straight plug I would prefer the 9452c which is a angled plug which will fit most pedestals better.

Here's a glendenning on an H on a marathon and they put the plastic drum horizontal in that little compartment above the tag.

20180305_185433.jpg

20180305_185443.jpg

The picture below shows what happens inside the drum overtime as things get twisted up wrong.

20180305_185601.jpg

Here's a picture inside that plastic barrel with the cord totally extended. This one knot you see as a result of me and another hand spending of great deal of time going in and out and twisting that cord and keeping it back twisted trying to turn those knots out. There was originally three of them all back-to-back in there. We gave up that last one ain't commin.

You know how chords have a memory and even though this is a really good soft cord from glendenning once you've knotted it up like that you actually twist the inside wires inside the rubber outer Shield and it really has to be taken completely apart.

20180305_185642.jpg

20180305_185936.jpg

Among other things, I have to pull all the spool valves off the back end of this bus and I'm going to move this out of the way to get at them. I'm going to unhook the power cord at the junction box here and I'm going to pull it all the way out of the bus. Then go lay in the sun tomorrow and see if I can relax it and I can untwist the outer shield on the inner wires and if I can get away with that and I like it I'm going to put it back together that way or I don't know I might have cut two or three feet off the back end of this thing so that it's got a fresh start or at least I will run it by the owner suggest it.

This is just a guess now but I would have to assume that winding one of these cords into these plastic drums is going to work a lot better when the drum is sitting down not horizontal, it's got to be kind of tough to keep that cord trained to spool up correctly Time After Time like that, especially when the drum is mounted in there like this.

Don't be expecting this accessory to be dragging that cord through the grass you're looking for trouble. These are heavy heavy cords. We are asking this thing to do a lot and on a good day.

Anytime you're letting in cord you should be helping it in and you should be wiping it as you go with a paper towel or something a rag in your hand don't ever let dirt get in there. And I think it probably wouldn't hurt to run it all the way out periodically.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-05-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Under the "What Were They Thinking". The power cord is suppose to drop into the bucket and coil into the bucket. That's pretty hard to do when the bucket is placed horizontally.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

It's not a symmetrical drum. It's shaped like a megaphone or a cone. I assume that's the help keep it happy in the prone position.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines