Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glendinning plug

Under the "What Were They Thinking". The power cord is suppose to drop into the bucket and coil into the bucket. That's pretty hard to do when the bucket is placed horizontally.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

It's not a symmetrical drum. It's shaped like a megaphone or a cone. I assume that's the help keep it happy in the prone position.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    I am using a HUBBELL connector with screw type connections, no trouble.Attachment 9383

JIM
    This is the best quality replacement I have found. If any of you want a huge surprise, cut open a factory molded GD plug and post a pic here of what you see. You will find your answer as to why it gets so hot and melts itself as well as receptacles they plug into. I have to continuously replace receptacles in my campground.

20180307_170206.jpg

Mobetta.

We decided if this happens again anytime soon we're yanking the cord and turning it into an extension cord and buying a new one for the winder.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

Gil's message....
    Under the "What Were They Thinking". The power cord is suppose to drop into the bucket and coil into the bucket. That's pretty hard to do when the bucket is placed horizontally.

Gil, that's the wonder of a Marathon Coach....thing's done that make others question...."How did Marathon do that"
    AL

IMG952777.jpg

When was the last time u checked the spades on your power cord. Should grab each individual spade every time u unplug and try to wiggle them. If there is EVER ANY WIGGLE in any of the spades replace it so u dont end up looking like this. There is no grey area here. ANY WIGGLE=DANGEROUS. Some steel wool to clean them is also not a bad idea. Always lota amps on a hot summer's day.

This meltdown had not interrupted power yet it was discovered when pulling out.

It is a glendening end.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 09-29-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens