Thread: Stand Back! We don't know how big it's gonna get

Hybrid View

Dread, I have had your same thoughts and observations and would only add one other thing. Many times a law is on the books and many flaunt it or are unknowing about etc., etc. and get away with the violation. ( I ulually get cought/ why me!! bo ho) Sometimes the enforcer will not make an issue out of minor or insignificant infractions but if you are ticketed for some other incident or infraction they will throw the book at you. This has been going on for a long time. It all comes down to attitude. Obey the law or not. ( if you would be involved in an accident with an illegal long load would your insurance cover you?) ( I personally don't think the shorter and legal trailer you mentioned would look that bad with the right graphics to conpliment the bus. See if some trailer mfgr. could work out a 3 level stacker with a lift mechanism or some other unique way of consolidating the load. I bet they would sell a lot of them.

California has way too many laws. Those that effect the Rv lifestyle is just one example. Our State is in trouble, we have no $, and the politicians keep spending. The only way different regions in California can generate money is by special Accesments or creating laws which are revenue generators. I am a pro CHP and pro Law inforcement, but those guys are told what to go out and Ticket. FMCA and others have lobbied at the State level to control and remove some of these laws but they have not been entirely successful.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

win42 Guest

I agree with Gary the spenders in charge have got us all up a tree.
    The real reason for the length law is to keep you furreners out of our prune orchards. We got too many people here already and more coming in from the southern border every day. So go drive your "damn a bigga busses" somewhere else until we get our state back. Montana has lots of room.