Thread: US 2 Minnesota through Montana

Default US 2 Minnesota through Montana

Has anyone taken US 2 from Minnesota across to I-15 in Montana? Is it route worth taking? I'm considering it as an alternative to I-94.

Thanks,

Gil

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hi Gil,

I took that route last year from Glacier back to St. Ignace,Mi. Very good road - nice scenery. At times you may think you are the only person left on earth......

We had no problem finding places to stay. I prefer roads like that rather than interstates.

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

When we first started looking at Buses instead of MH's, a couple in Tucson who was showing us their Bus suggested that we look into "Following the Red Roads" Perplexed (as we were brand new to this lifestyle) we asked what they meant. Answer: On the maps you use, the Red Roads are US Highways, all maintained for the most part very well, lots of scenery and lots of things to do/see. The Interstates are ok for moving from one place to another, but the Red Roads are for Traveling and Enjoyment. Nuff said.

AVOID THIS ROUTE! Montana is working to 4 lane this stretch. There's a 10 mile or so stretch east of Williston that is gravel. They took the old road out before building the other two lanes. Besides the gravel dust that's everywhere the 2012 Explorer needs new fog lights :-(

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion