Thread: Parking brake would not release

Default Parking brake would not release

I posted this on the other site and will post here in case anyone has had a problem like this, here it goes. Started to leave from a Rally in Tenn started the engine to bring slides in everything worked OK, well started to leave and the parking brake would not release it felt spongy and would just pop back up, Well called Troy,and he directed me to the bay under the drivers side, right beside the norgren valve was a black box 3X5" he had me follow the large yellow air line coming from the Parking brake to this box it has two small wires running to it. It actually plugged into the box, you have to remove a screw and unplug it. As soon as I did that the parking brake worked just fine. Now Troy said this was a override for the slide pins. He said the sensor was detecting that the pins were not in all the way on the slide and would not let it release the brake. I used a flashlight and all the pins seemed to be in as best I could tell. Drove it home to V.A. no problems, he said I would need to take it to Prevost the first chance I got. I have moved the slides in and out several times they work fine. I have been on Prevost site and there is a ajustment for the slide sensors, but seems to be something that Prevost will have to do. I have not tried to put the plug back on and try it, could coach been in a bind to keep pins from coming in? I was on concrete pad I will try to replug but feel it needs Prevost attention and will schedule this summer as I have no travel plans at this time. Has this happened to any one else with a liberty? Gary

If any body on this forum has had this problem contact me, what was the solution? Thanks gary

Thanks Gary. I have not had that problem YET. Its good to know. Once again, Troy is the man.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I agree, Troy is " the man". If he retires or leaves I'm selling my Liberty. He has tolerated my simple questions and baled me out on the road several times. Long live Troy!!

Keep him supplied with "Silver Tequila" and he will! I make sure he gets a fifth every time I go to Stuart.