Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well Here Goes...

Default Well Here Goes...

I've been looking at Blue Birds for almost 6 months but after driving both and looking at them side by side I decided to change directions and head to Prevost. At first I thought that they were never going to be in my price range, but the economy has helped me with that issue. Prevost is still more but I THINK it will be a better decision.

I found a 1998 Prevost CC and it truly looks like the real deal. My understanding is that the coach is owned by a gentleman that started an electric company in FL. It appears to be well taken care of and I'm looking for some constructive criticism from the POG. Boy that is a loaded statement.

Here is the link to Ebay that you can look at all the beautiful pictures and let me know. By the way. Should I buy this and actually own a Prevost this sight will save me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...t_49526wt_1153

Have not set up Profile yet:

Michael Faul
    Tulsa OK
    Prevost Wannabe

Hi Michael. Its very important to know the history of a coach. Some Coaches have been in accidents, smoke and fire damage, etc.
    If you can get the record s of the coach going back to its origin that would be great. Most of the time you can not and you will
    need to have the coach checked out by a qualified and independant Coach Company.

Its important to test everything, turn on switches, open up cabinets, run the water, heater, a/c, water heater, water pump, refigerator, aux. air compressor and so on.
    These are all up front things which will make your decision process more assured and down the road you will have fewer
    problems.

Mechanics: Have the engine, transmission , a/c, alternators, hoses, reservoirs , axles, bearings all inspected.
    Air Bags, shocks, batteries, tires, wiring harnesses, terminals, all checked for maintenance and age.

The solid state boards shown in one of the photo's is specific and propriatary to CC. So, fellow CC owners have joined together to support repairs and replacement resources for these items.
    Last edited by garyde; 06-05-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks Gary and I will take all of that to heart. I do plan on having one of the sponsors in FL close by check it thoroughly. I believe its a one owner and without records i would be suspicious no matter how nice it looks.

Mike, That Bus looks outstanding. Exterior and interior looks well maintained with some upgrades. Country Coach built high end units through out their history of being in business. Their are many CC owners on this site with knowledge to help with any question you will have.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefaul View Post
    Thanks Gary and I will take all of that to heart. I do plan on having one of the sponsors in FL close by check it thoroughly. I believe its a one owner and without records i would be suspicious no matter how nice it looks.
    good idea and I would suggest having Rick, Mike and Ben at Coach Worx in Clearwater check it out. They know their stuff, are honest and reasonable.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Mike, you might want to check out a 99 CC that Lon just got at Florida Luxury Coach. He always has good stuff and he will deal.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Wow! The pictures represent this as well maintained and absultely beautiful bus. Had it been for sale a month ago, I may well have bought it. In my looking for a bus I was disappointed that more buses of that timeframe didn't have wood or wood veneer cabinetary. Again, if this was a month ago I'd be on the phone making an offer to see if he has room to move. Otherwise, the price really sounds fair, especially given the rubber and batteries are relatively new and thge coach looks well appointed.

I just used Coach Worx in Clearwater and they know coaches. If you want it thouroughly inspected, I'd recommend them. I also recently used Florida Detroit/Allison in Tampa and have no complaints. Finally, I used Prevost-Jacksonville on Monday, again no complaints. So in not too much distance from where the bus sits you can have as much inspecting and work done that you feel the need for.

Best of luck,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks Corey. It's hard to keep up with all the differnt guys that sell them. They come and go so fast. I'll do what you suggest.

Gill and Durlene,

Thanks for the confidence on this coach. It does look very nice, but I've not been there in person to check it out. I wish I had a family member to go look at it. I will call Coach Worx and get an idea of having them check it out. Thanks again.

I hate to bring up a subject that has been covered over and over, but my one hesitation is that it does not have BUS AIR. I hope 3 roof tops will keep me cool. I like cold air.