Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XL2 panel delamination

Yes, Jim. What a mess it left afterwards. At least the liquid was soap and could be rinsed off. They said it was Dawn Dish detergent.
    Sandy

We had more bubbles on the side of our bus than they had hot air balloons in New Mexico at the festival!!!
    Last edited by CAPT MOGUL & Sandy; 06-04-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

TODAY A Prevost rep, not to be identified, said policy is 2007 and later may have panels repaired under a % warranty. Anything earlier, repair would be at owner expense. Looks like a prospective buyer should be looking at a later model. The earlier models get much better fuel mileage but it would take a lifetime to make up for a 40-$50,000 repair job.

Ed
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma

That may be a new Policy since many people have had earlier coaches repaired at Prevosts expense. I would get a name.
    Also, a cost of that size seems high. Are your refering to replacing just the panels in between the Galley and bedroom slide?
    What Prevost has been doing is re glueing in place and adding a mold on the seams. That doesnt cost much.
    If you had to take off the stainless skins all the way around the bus and replace with new, and then polish and paint the bus where paint occurred, I can see it being expensive. However, I know of at least one person who had all of this done at Prevosts expense and he was not the first owner and the Coach was early 2000's.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

What was the first year of this panel problum. And only xl ?

Prevost's quote was in the $30K range for non-slide and add around $7K more for slides. This is just re-glueing and adding the mold on the seams. ????

Ed
    Sandy (being Ed's Secretary) I was there when Prevost JAX told us this and heard it myself.
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma

Repoer,

This is with the XLII's. As stated in above previous posts here, our XLII has already been re-glued in the past when they first discovered the problems and it now has the same problem happening again.
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma

IT seems to me that Prevost would step up to the plate here! the date of manufacture should not have any thing to do with the repair being paid for by Prevost unless they changed adhesive they used on that date, and if so why did the change occur, was it because of problems detected then? It seems it would set a precedent if a 2001 was repaired at no cost and a 2006 would have to pay? I still say there should be a recall of sorts, I am not bashing Prevost here, but just putting out my thoughts! Gary

I recently had a few "loose" panels glued at Prevost, Mira Loma. I am leaving soon on a long trip to the midwest and back. I will keep you posted as to any water leaks or panels coming unglued. The repair took one day.

Larry and Sandy Dahlin
    2003 Liberty Elegant Lady XL-II

2009 Buick Enclave

Has anyone from Prevost or otherwise determined WHY these panels are coming unglued?

Could the glue be inferior? Maybe the glue manufacturer could help with some of the expenses.

When a bus is repaired, does Prevost use a different brand of glue or do they use the initial brand that was used when the bus was built?

Could the heat generated from a polishing tool cause the glue to break down?

How are the panels on an H attached?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Very interesting question, I too would like to know how the H panels are on. I would think bolted? Gary