Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XL2 panel delamination

guess we'll be keeping our rivet 2000 XL for awhile ! Anyone know what model year the problems were resolved ?
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

The new 2012 X45 might have solved the problem because there is no stainless above the bay doors.I don't think that it has been resolved on any of the XLII buses.I guess that I am lucky in that I have not had an issue with delamination.

Gary, our XLII has already been repaired by Prevost some time ago. An " OFFICIAL" told us that in our case if the workers did not seal the press jig holes, water would migrate through these holes and work on the glue joints. He said they have seen this before. I don't know if this applies to machines that have not had the repairs done. I also asked for help as their rework failed. NO HELP OFFERED

Ed
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Capt, That is a hard cookie to swallow, I have heard that frame twist or "torque' could be the problem this from someone at Prevost but they were not sure and were looking into the possibility. Gary

In 12 years they haven't figured this out???? If it was a heart valve, that would have been figured out immediately!! This is also an interesting thought.... have the entertainer buses been having this problem? Or have they been "secretly" repairing them?
    Ed

The aircraft industry wouldn't accept it either!! There would be an immediate recall.
    Last edited by CAPT MOGUL & Sandy; 06-01-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Default Where are the lawyers when you really need them?

If this is a manufacturing defect, as it appears to be, how come this has not been dealt with more forcefully, yet? Why should an XLII owner, regardless of coach age, pay for this repair?

Who want's to hire the Attorney for the class action suite....I'm in (2006 XLII) Country Coach. there is always strength in numbers.

Prevost has paid for some of these and not just for original owners. Best talk to the Prevost Rep if you have an issue before going into Prevost.
    Jaime should have his contact info. Prevost was at our last rally and they support POG.
    I would also have Prevost inspect your coach once a year to maintain a baseline and a record going forward.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    I would also have Prevost inspect your coach once a year to maintain a baseline and a record going forward.
    That is exactly what we are doing now, Gary. We just had Prevost JAX do the inspection for the delamination and also did the Pressurized leak test. We were told that a report would be written up and that we were # 251 now with the problem.
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma

Sandy, Did they do the Pressurized Leak Test the same way I described earlier in this Thread ? Drivers window, soap on the outside, bubbles everywhere.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty