Thread: Charge Line to TOAD

Default Charge Line to TOAD

I'm trying to figure out why the 12V charge line to the center pin of the 6 pin tow connector is dead. I did try turning on the ignition, still no voltage. I traced the wire to a tag with 310 on it. That vanished forward on the engine bay. I would expect to find a current regulator or at the very least a circuit breaker or fuse. I looked in the Prevost wiring panel next to the driver's seat, but nothing jumped out at me as being it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, The Toad wires for towing come from the electrical box above the engine. You will also find fuses in there for turn, stop and running lights.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Thanks Jim

I did find that the charge wire went into te big box above the engine, but it went right back out headed somewhere forward of the engine bay. The wire it leaves the big box on is the one labelled 310.

Gil and Durlene

Its going to have to connect to the alternator/voltage regulator on the 12 volt terminal if it is the charge wire for your tow car batterry.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Wire 310 for the TOAD charge line goes to the Country Coach ECC. It's fused, should be a circuit breaker, on the lower terminal connections. It was probably just off center on the driver's side.

Gil and Durlene