Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does this button do..

Default What does this button do..

I've got several unknown buttons on the dash of my bus .. and no manuals in site .. I'm hoping someone out in the intertubes has a clue as to what they do..

See attached pictures. Where i have marked them as "unknown" they either do not seem to do anything traceable, or they do not appear to operate the indicated function.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not an Angola owner but, # 2 looks like the heated morror switch and #5 looks like the back up alarm shut off. Is # 4 Gauge lights??

Quote Originally Posted by LNDYCHT View Post
    Not an Angola owner but, # 2 looks like the heated morror switch and #5 looks like the back up alarm shut off. Is # 4 Gauge lights??
    Congratulations! #2 does appear to heat the mirrors and #5 does cycle the backup alarm. Many thanks!

#4 doesn't change the panel illumination though, I found that one as the Engine Stop Override according to the pdf I downloaded off the volvo site for a different bus. "
    Press down this switch and release to override emergency engine shut down protection. Engine emergency shut down will be turned OFF for 30 seconds. This procedure can be repeated if done before the 30 seconds are up."

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Also not an Angola owner, but my guess: (8) either your dash air, or switch to activate cruise air, if you have bus air. (9) Can't read the button. (10) Switch for your back up camera to engage your back up camera when trans is in reverse, or to keep camera on at all times. (3) Can't read. (4) Can't read. (5) engage/disengage your back up alarm when in reverse.
    Will be interesting to hear the results.
    Loc is a previous owner, and may speak "ANGOLA".........What about it Loc?

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Hello Mr. Davis,

I'll take a shot too (insert disclaimer here)

#8 Engine driven house air conditioning. Not sure, but Angola may have mounted their own air conditioning compressor on the engine and ran that to interior evaporators. IF that is the case, this switch would most likely engage the clutch on that compressor. Check to see if there are two belt driven compressors. 1 is Prevost and the other is the convertor. Another possibility is "air compressor" not "air conditioning" and there would be a convertor air compressor somewhere. Considering the term "aux" my guess is air conditioning.

#10 Back up camera. Either on or defeat. Try it with the coach in reverse and see what happens....

#1 Thinking phone speaker defeat. These were sometimes added when coaches had hard mount dash phones that might run to an exteranl speaker somewhere near the driver

#5 Prevost back up alarm defeat

#7 "joy stick" to move the roof top spot light up / down / left / right. Please see roof light switch to the immediate right.

#6 Guessing engine electric pre-heat. Preovst. There will be a weather tight 110 volt outlet to the right about chest high as you look at the engine. The same type as you would have on the outside of you house. This may or may not have a heavy black cord plugged into it. That is for a submerged heating element in the engine for pre-heat, and my guess is that switch energizes or de-energizes the outlet. Plug anything in that outlet like a polarity tester or a shop light and try to the switch on 50 amp or with generator running.

#4 Prevost / Detroit engine over ride. As you discovered this over rides whatever engine shut down you may be having and is designed to get you to the side or the road only.

#2 Mirror heat as indicated. this is on a thermostat at the back of the mirror so you can leave this on in cold weather and not worry about overheating or cracking the mirror.

#3 Hard to see but guessing Prevost dash indicator light test switch. Try ignition on, press the switch and see if ALL the Prevost dash lights illuminate. This is designed to check for burned out bulbs.

Hope that helps or is at least close....

Pat Sprenger
    Coach Pro LLC

Press um' and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Pro LLC View Post
    #8 Engine driven house air conditioning.
    Only one compressor in the engine bay. That one appears to operate with the normal dash controls.

#10 Back up camera. Either on or defeat. Try it with the coach in reverse and see what happens....
    The original backup camera is gone, whats replaced it is a really bad wireless system tied into an ancient and annoying GPS system. It appears to have no effect there.

#1 Thinking phone speaker defeat. These were sometimes added when coaches had hard mount dash phones that might run to an exteranl speaker somewhere near the driver
    I think you got that one! There is a hard wired intercom system in the unit. Powering that up the button kills the driver-local speaker. Never even thought about the intercom until now. Thanks!

#5 Prevost back up alarm defeat

#7 "joy stick" to move the roof top spot light up / down / left / right. Please see roof light switch to the immediate right.
    I think you and others are correct about this .. the spotlight doesn't power up so its on the list of things to fix, replace or remove.

#6 Guessing engine electric pre-heat. Preovst. There will be a weather tight 110 volt outlet to the right about chest high as you look at the engine. The same type as you would have on the outside of you house. This may or may not have a heavy black cord plugged into it. That is for a submerged heating element in the engine for pre-heat, and my guess is that switch energizes or de-energizes the outlet. Plug anything in that outlet like a polarity tester or a shop light and try to the switch on 50 amp or with generator running.
    Will test that one this afternoon, Thanks!

#4 Prevost / Detroit engine over ride. As you discovered this over rides whatever engine shut down you may be having and is designed to get you to the side or the road only.

#2 Mirror heat as indicated. this is on a thermostat at the back of the mirror so you can leave this on in cold weather and not worry about overheating or cracking the mirror.

#3 Hard to see but guessing Prevost dash indicator light test switch. Try ignition on, press the switch and see if ALL the Prevost dash lights illuminate. This is designed to check for burned out bulbs.
    Yes to all the above .. Slowly but surely (and with lots of help) I'll get this figured out and some labels built so I can remember them all .. lol

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriStar View Post
    Press um' and see.
    I have been, though there's a growing concern that one of them is labeled "1/3" and what it really does is open the black water tank onto the driveway. Or worse.

Have 455 Olds with Electromotive port fuel injection

Wylie...when we first got our coach, the spotlight did not work. The joy stick did nothing and the light did not work on/off.....replaced simple fuse behind switch and works like a champ. Kinda handy on a rare occasion.Good luck.