Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Suffering From Prevost Fever!

Hi Sam. The Lady Classic as I understand it, is a simpler electrical system with fewer bells and whistles hence less need for a 24 volt system which allows for all of the interior & exterior lighting on the Elegant Lady. 24 volts allows for more lighting load with fewer circuits, less wire home runs, maintain 12 guage wire sizes, fewer relays and so on.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

We have decided to buy Jon Wehrenberg's 1997 Liberty!

Yesterday, Kim and I spent several pleasant hours with Jon learning the inside of the coach. Today, Kim stayed by herself, and Jon started me in "Bus Bootcamp". It took ALL DAY, but he started behind the coach entry door and coached me through all of the bays and their respective contents. We changed the oil and filters, and he showed me lots of stuff under the rear of the coach. Tomorrow, we will spend several hours under the front of the coach. We will also go over the air system, and learn how to check hub seals. No telling what else he has in store to teach me! Then, Kim and I will camp in the bus tomorrow night, a few miles from Jon and Di's house. If all goes well, and I pass Jon's rigorous "Bus Bootcamp"' we hope to head back to Arkansas Tuesday. If I'm still "weak"' we will stay one more night. Jon told me that it would be like "drinking from a fire hose" for a couple of days, and boy was he right. He has taught me so much in 2 days, that I am on Prevost learning overload! My brain may explode by bedtime tomorrow night!

I'll post again about our experience in a day or two. At this point, I am confident that we got a great bus, and have the best Liberty/Prevost instructor (Jon) that we could have hoped and prayed to find!

Sam (& Kim)

Congratulations Sam & Kim !!! ... You have just entered another world in motor homing. I knew if you looked at it you would buy it... very smart move... You got a great bus along with a great teacher !!
    Enjoy !!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Sam,

It looks like you not only got a great looking coach, but one with a very knowledgable hands-on owner. It's awesome Jon is willing to take you through the coach. Like I said before, had it been for sale a month earlier it would likely have been mine. That's not to say I don't love mine, just that the wood interior, great looking paint scheme, and the money saved would have been enough to sell me.

Enjoy!

Gil

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

San & Kim

I only wish that Jon's Liberty was for sale when I made my purchase 1 1/2 years ago. it would have been mine. I feel you did the right thing. I have great respect for Jon & Di they are outstanding people.

Congratulations on your new bus!

Take the time to let everything "sink in". You have the best instructor there is......

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Ever since Jon and Di put their bus on the market we have said..."whoever buys their coach starts about 10 giant steps ahead of the rest of us who have purchased per-owned buses".....you and Kim have made the best decision ever!
    Nothing but enjoyment ahead! Be Safe and have the time of your life!

Congrats all the way around ! Sam and Kim have their new coach and Jon and Di are no longer a member of the two coach club.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Congrats Sam & Kim!! You have gotten a great bus.

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

You will now have a resource equal to Troy at Liberty,make sure that you have Jon's cell number.