Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Many House Batteries

Jim I should have called you. We spent last night in Busnell visiting with my parents on our way out of FL. Today we are at Prevost-Jacksonville.

Our trip to AK has begun :-)

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    Jim I should have called you. We spent last night in Busnell visiting with my parents on our way out of FL. Today we are at Prevost-Jacksonville.

Our trip to AK has begun :-)
    You were close. Good luck on your voyage. Let us know if you need any help. I remember Dale and I talked about the fact that our Buses [ your Bus now ] were just a couple of numbers apart. Both are side isles and the same year. Drive safe and enjoy the Ride !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

When we got our coach the electrical system was busticated pretty badly by someones hack job on the batteries and wiring. Originally (we think) it had 8 AGM batteries but someone along its life decided lead acid would be better (or cheaper, or something) they did a bad job wiring and eventually there were problems .. One of the batteries had ruptured(!) [that was a mess to clean up] Anyway .. after about 20 minutes of putting power to the charging system here's what it looked like .. notice all the various heat spots and cold spots the thermal camera picked up on some of the cells? Thats not a good sign. Lots of bad crimps on the wiring and some basic under sized connections in a couple of places. All of it came out and the wiring was rebuilt.

IR20120518_0294.jpg

Anyway, we put in AGMs back in and set them up 4 to a side. This is probably overkill but based on my load analysis it will keep the tv's going and the ice cream from melting in the fridge while the kid that got to wear the managers name-tag at the koa looks around for the breaker at night.

Nice camera image.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty