Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cape Canaveral, FL

JamesJ Guest

Default Cape Canaveral, FL

We may just head East to go see the Shuttle launch at night. Any hints or places to stay, park the bus, anything?

JamesJ Guest

Yup, we are leaving in just a few hours. Should be fun. Anything we should know about I-10 from Houston to FL and then down the ole I-75?

JamesJ,
    You are about to find out if there is anything wrong with your bus!
    I-10 in LA will beat you to death. Hang in there...

lewpopp Guest

JJ, I happened to be at a coach rally at The Great Outdoors during one rocket launch. We were just lucky to be there because there is one posponement after another. You have to be able to stay around in case there is a posponement.

Campers, Motorhomes, suv's, tents are all over the place on the roads and the cops are usually having a lot of people move.

I personally have no idea where to tell you to stay unless it is TGO. North on 95 there are a couple campgrounds (new) approx 20 miles.

Good luck in your escapade. It's a magnificent happening. We should be able to see the launch where we are in Port St. Lucie about 125 miles south if it is a clear night.

Good luck

Lew

JamesJ Guest

Well we are in Lafayette now, so far so good. The roads are much better now then they use to be. Lots of new asphalt! Going to stop in Mississippi for the night.

bill&jody Guest

lew,james-
    ok, its too late to recommend a place to stay near titusville for the launch, but TGO is a great place (despite the recent news item). their activities newsletter (online) is almost 40 pages. we've been here for ~1 wk, and its great. lots of covered pads to keep out of the sun so you can polish and clean in the shade. you're close to stuff so you can shop for things from walmart to lowes, and lots of restaurants.

i very much recommend this place. we're thinkin' of buying a pad here.

we got pics of the launch last wk - if you want a night pic, shoot me an email, i'll send it.

wmm

lewpopp Guest

Bill, Kathy and I were daydreaming when the launch went off and missed it. I guess we were nightdreaming and would love to see a picture of the launch. It would have been a bit less down where we are.

Lew

lewpopp Guest

Nuts, I forgot to give you my e-mail addres although it is listed in my profile.Lewpopp2@msn.com

bill&jody Guest

Default your wish is my command, oh absent one

pic is on the way. its 2MB+, so if your mail server coughs up a hairball on big files, lemme know.
    wmm

The Night pic would be great, but I am interested in the campground you stayed at? TGO ?

Send me info on that place too, PLEASE.

9-9stevens@houston.rr.com