Thread: Lake Havasu City

Default Lake Havasu City

We Returned home from the Islander Resort
    ( http://www.islanderrvresort.com/index.html )
    in Lake Havasu city where we spent 5 months, Wow I have relatives who have cotton farmed and live all over Arizona, but we had never been to Lake Havasu City, For those of you who don't know or haven't been there before that is where they moved the London bridge too, That is the only way to get over to the Island where our Resort was, It is Beautiful,
    The city is surrounded by mountains 360 degrees around you are at around 500ft above sea level, I took my Rubicon out in the dessert to Mines and all over, at one time my GPS said we were at 3,200 ft , it was some good wheeling, My friend had a Razor by Polaris and around 15 machines were out once to twice a week , one time we put on 87 total miles that's around 44 miles one way to a small town bar and grabbed a sandwich
    (buy the way it takes around seven pitchers of beer to re hydrate the bunch)
    There are tons of great places to eat Beautiful sunsets and sunrises over the mountains and water, the city itself has something going on every week it seemed like,
    some of the fun things were the Hot air Balloon festival, the pyrotechnics show, Blues and Barbecue, Barbecue contest, Rodeo, Night time lighted boat parade by the London bridge, a huge weekly flee market theta takes all day to walk through,
    and that's not to mention the resort activities wow you kinda had to pick what you wanted because the were so many things going on, We plan on going back this year after the Pog convention, the weather was Beautiful we rode our Motorcycle all winter
    they have a large jet boat that runs to laughlan from the London bridge also,
    They have several nice golf courses around one of which is hooked right onto the resort, But is not part of the resort you cant jut drive your golf cart right onto the driving range and up to the clubhouse,
    I give it thumbs up!!
    Great bicycle/walking paved path all the way around the Island about 4 miles
    Let me know about your winter Hide aways,
    PS, Now I think I have to get a Polaris 900 razor )

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

I was there in January to buy a boat and test drove it and then had it shipped back to North Carolina,I really want to do the Desert Storm event some day,I was only there for 1 day,but hope to return some day for at least a week or more.

If you've just returned from 5 months there, you were definitely there in the "good time". I've been in the area when it's 122 outside!

We held a POG mini Rally several years ago in Feb. I believe, put on by Warren and Kelly 'Yellow Jeep'. 3 days was not enough time to see
    the area but it was nice weather.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide