Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is This

Default What is This

I was behind a dash panel and discovered an alarm buzzer that someone didn't want to hear. The wire to the buzzer has been cut. Any ideas what it's for? My bet is someone didn't want to hear the buzzer when the window open or antenna up lights were on. I'll hook it up and find out.

Alarm-Buzzer.jpg

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, What were you doing behind the Dash Panel. Looking for trouble ? I don't recognize that board. Let us know what it is wired into.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim,

I was behind there to clean up some wiring that was dangling below the dash. I was also in search of the dash air fan. After the dash air has been running for a while it makes two sounds. One is like the blower is sitting in water and the other sounds like the blower is rubbing on something when I make a turn. I've found the blower, but haven't taken it out yet.

Gil and Durlene

I wired a push button switch to this mystery buzzer. It turned out to be the buzzer that indicates the turn signal or 4 way flashers are on. I can see why it was clipped.

Gil and Durlene

Quote Originally Posted by JIM KELLER View Post
    Gil, What were you doing behind the Dash Panel. Looking for trouble ? I don't recognize that board. Let us know what it is wired into.
    Jim Keller, he is learning his new coach!! Don't bother him. You know how things are when you have a new toy!!!
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    I was behind a dash panel and discovered an alarm buzzer that someone didn't want to hear. The wire to the buzzer has been cut. Any ideas what it's for? My bet is someone didn't want to hear the buzzer when the window open or antenna up lights were on. I'll hook it up and find out.

Alarm-Buzzer.jpg
    Gil,

As a Country Coach owner, I can offer my input. On my 1995 CC, all the bay doors have a micro switch that indicates when the bay doors are locked. Their are numerous switches in series in the circuit and if any one is open, the alarm lamp will light (my coach has a lamp, not a buzzer).

My second guess, because of the diodes on the circuit board, is all the windows have a small micro switch that indicated the windows are closed. This input goes to my voice synthesizer. If I turn on the ignition and a window is open, the voice synthesizer will announce the alert.

Hope this helps.

Hector

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT MOGUL & Sandy View Post
    Jim Keller, he is learning his new coach!! Don't bother him. You know how things are when you have a new toy!!!
    Sandy
    Good One Sandy. Looks like you were quite the busy girl on this site last night !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post

Alarm-Buzzer.jpg
    Gil, where behind the dash did you find this buzzer? I have a turn signal/hazard buzzer on my CC that is quite obnoxious and redundant with the Glass Dash tone which is much softer. I would like to perform the same surgery.

This is the audio warning board. It has 3 'positive voltage' inputs - left turn, right turn, and a spare input. It has 3 'ground' inputs - tag axle, engine stop, and 2 spares. The spare inputs could be used for anything Country Coach might have desired from time to time.

Miles
    Miles & Laura Circo
    2004 Country Coach 45' XLII

Chris, this is behind and attached to the dash panel with the radio in it.

Gil and Durlene