Thread: FMCA Michelin Tire Discount Program Experience

Hybrid View

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Default FMCA Michelin Tire Discount Program Experience

I took advantage of the current FMCA member deal and purchased 7 new tires for Olivia. The 8th was fairly new, having been replaced at the end of lastbyear due to a deep cut in the sidewall.

The new tires were mounted, yesterday, and this morning, the FMCA sent me the invoice.

Here is the breakdown:

4x 365/70 R 22.5 XZA = $1582.71/each, less discount $993.35 = net $589.36 + FET $33.08

3x 315/80 R 22.5 XZA2 = $1492.62/each, less discount $906.44 = net $586.18 + FET $52.83

Plus balancing etc. and FL sales tax, for a total invoice amount of $5,179.65 for 7 tires.

Good information Ron. Thanks for the Thread.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I know that their deal cannot be beaten,but I am surprised that the 365 cost less that the 315 when the FET is added into the total.

I was thinking the same but this may be due to the fact, that the 365 is available only as an XZA, whereas the 315 comes in an XZA2 flavor.

I'm a little confused. You show a base price of around $1500 for each tire, minus a discount around $900, for a final price of near $600.00. I've just never have heard of a $1500 price on these tires. I don't remember what I paid last time at Prevost, but is was in the $600 neighborhood. Have tires gone up that much, or is this a bit of a hype to make the discount look better than real?

ray

Hi Ray,
    in capital letters, it is all HYPE. These $$$ numbers were copied direct from the FMCA confirmation email.
    Let's just say what counts in the end is the bottom line.
    I do also question the validity of the tire dealer's remark that he could not buy the tires at the prices I paid.
    Come on, does he really do it just for the $26 mounting fee?!?!!!!!
    It's like what you see during department store sales, where they discount items on the reack by 30-40-50-60-70 or whatever percent. What they do not say is "off of 150% over-priced merchandise" ... :-)
    Cheers,
    Ronald