Thread: Natchez Trace in Tennessee

Default Natchez Trace in Tennessee

After three plus years of no trips outside of Texas we have decided its time to stretch the legs on the Millennium and take a short summer trip. On the way back from Michigan we are planning a stop in Nashville and then heading down the Natchez Trace to Shiloh National Military Park. Does anyone have experience driving the Trace in a bus with a tow vehicle? There are several waterfalls and other points of interest between Nashville and Shiloh that look interesting and I am curious if we can do these in the bus? I would appreciate any insight you may have.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

We did the northern half of the Trace a couple of years ago in the bus with toad. Absolutely no problems. The road is fine, and we pulled off for several sights and the pull-offs and parking were adequate.

I found the Trace itself kind of boring it seemed like we were on and endless national park entrance. There was not much to see cruising along; although you are near many towns, you don't see any of them. We did enjoy the stops. We ended up getting off the Trace and using conventional roads. I felt that gives a more intimate look at the towns that define this part of the country.
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

Loc,
    Sherry and I stayed at a nice Sate Park just South of 40 that was on the Natchez Trail. While there we took the jeep and drove several hours south on Natchez Trail Hwy. and I would agree with John on the small section we toured, kind of boring.

On another note we are going to Durango in July to do some trailing, white water rafting, Zip Lining and other daring do. If you really want to entertain the family join us. We could call it The 4 Wheeling with Loc Rally!!!

LocStar

Come on. Tenessee needs big money.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

John and Patrick,

Thanks for the input. We did a small section of the Trace in Mississippi about 8 years ago and it was kind of boring (nice road though). The reason for the Trace in Tennessee is that my oldest is into military history and I thought Shiloh would be interesting for him. There are a couple of water falls and a tobacco farm in between Nashville and Shiloh that look interesting. I just dont know if there is room enough to park the bus and take a look. I spent some time on Google maps looking at a satellite view of the Trace in that area and there appears to be some pullouts that look large enough. We will see.

Patrick or I should probably ask the boss Sherry,

When in July are you planning your Colorado trip? Not that I can get the family to take two trips but it may be worth a try. How was the Big Wheels event this last weekend?

Fast Roger,

Do you really live in Tennessee? I thought that area was drafted into Virginia years ago.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Double check with Ken Zittrer. I believe he did the whole thing prior to last POG rally in TX.

Loc,

Durango 7/21 thru 7/27
    Would be great if you and your family made it.

Big Wheels get together was a great time.
    As you know you can't go wrong with that group.
    Wonderful people.
    Left there and went to Carlsbad Caverns just got back this evening.