Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Travel

Default Spring Travel

Jim & Gary have started some great threads on where to go & what to see.

I think everyone is kinda itching to get out & about ...............

If you have any ideas of neat places to go this time of year please share them.....

Thanks

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

We're going to Highlands, North Carolina in June. It's a nice little town in the Smokies; 70 degree days and 60 degree nights. Great place to spend the summer. We'll be staying at a small RV resort (5 sites); it is however, first class. It is within walking distance of the Main St. Good restaurants - shopping - great hiking trails to some beautiful waterfalls.

It's only 650 miles from my home so even with $4/gallon diesel it is doable with our budget.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

TUGA, I thought that there was going to be a huge wedding in your family this summer ????
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Sandy,

Actually the wedding is in November but there are parties and other things that go with planning a wedding. It is not that this is a BIG wedding; just a very well planned one (if you know what I mean). I don't know who is having more fun: Laura or Karen. I guess planning a wedding for women ranks up there with buying a new bus for guys!

This little trip to Highlands is a short one (650 miles).

Why don't you and Ed come to Highlands and join us? June 17 - 21st.

Anybody else would like to join us is welcome; however, there are only 5 sites in the RV park so call early

Highlands Hidden Creek RV Resort 321 537-6467 talk to Johnny Valentine (Johnny has an H3-45).
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

McCall, Idaho this summer, beautiful and some of the last primitive wilderness areas in the country. Fishing is great too. And then onto Ashland, Oregon, Shakespear festivals, friends, and a wedding. Some time in Reno visiting friends, some Black Jack and slots.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Also on our way to McCAll Idaho. We were there in 08,09, and 2010. We skipped last year to spend the summer in Breckenridge, Co, also a place we love to go to. This year we will start by going to Heritage in Orange Beach through Miss, La, Tx, Ok, Co, Wy, Nevada, to Twin Falls, then McCall. Hope to visit Park City, then Breckinridge on the way home.

Hi Fred,

When you are in Breckenridge do you have a problem with the high altitude? If I remember it is about 9800' ASL. The last time I was there I had a headache and I was short of breath. I've heard that taking an asprin everyday 3 days before arrival helps.

Did you stay at Tiger Run RV Resort? That is a great place for a rally except for the altitude problems.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga- my wife had some shortness of breath the first year but no problem the month we were there last year. We did stay at Tiger Run. We love the location it is so convenient to Breckinridge and Frisco and we always drive to Aspen in the jeep for a long day. Last year my Son flew out and he and I climbed Mount Quandry, at 14,265 feet it will give you some altitude issues on the way up. If there is ever a rally out there, we will try our best to go.

We are headed to Colorado this week, Grand daughter graduating HS and visit kids/grandkids & friends. We stay in Monument at a Coast 2 Coast location with a lot of trees, but cool in daytime and of course at 7200' ASL cool at night. Lots to do between the front range and Denver, let alone all the kids. Always look forward to trip out and after about 6 weeks glad to come home....just a boring drive across Kansas...

Wow Fred you must in terrific shape to climb a 14,000' mountain. How long does it take to reach the top? Do you need to carry oxygen?

I guess you don't have any altitude issues.

Does the aspirin regiment have any validity?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot