Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just bought a 99 CC

Gil, If you bought Dale Farley's Bus you bought a good one. Use this Forum to ask questions and we will help. Enjoy the ride because there is nothing like it !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Pete,

Funny you should say that. Yes there WERE hundreds floating around. All made there way back to their rightful owner. I'll keep looking though :-)

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil,

Pete was just kidding about the $100 bills, but you and I know the real truth.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Gil and Durlene are planning on going to Alaska in a few weeks, so some of you who have made the trip should be able to give them some good tips. I know Ken and Janet had a memorable trip a couple years ago and have lots of pictures to back it up.
    Last edited by dale farley; 05-05-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Gil & Durlene,

About the best advice I could give you is to bring cash! When you are traveling thru Canada everything that you charge on your credit card will have a 3% surcharge added. We found that it was better to bring dollars and then once across the border go to a bank and convert the dollars to Canadian dollars. Your local US bank will charge a fee for this, but the Canadian banks don't

Check with your credit card company first to see how much the surcharge is; MasterCard was 3% and Discover was 3% if I remember correctly. Diesel is expensive enough without having to pay an extra 3%!

Bring spare parts and tools; fuel filters, oil filters, etc. I brought a spare tire! I put it in my Honda Pilot: the reason > I called tire shops in Anchorage to see if they had a 315/80 R 22.5 > they didn't! And they said they didn't know how long it would take to get one. One advantage you will have is that Prevost is Canadian so if you have to order parts they will not have to clear customs. I met a couple who had an Allegro and they were waiting for an ignition wiring harness to come from the US. It took 3 weeks to clear customs and be delivered to the RV repair shop where they were living!

I don't mean to scare you, but you need to do some planning. Good luck and have a wonderful trip. It is the trip of a lifetime!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot