Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just bought a 99 CC

Default I just bought a 99 CC

I just bought a 99 Country Coach. Are there any things I need to know or check before I take off?

Thanks,

Gil

Hi Gil,

Welcome to the Prevost Owners Group!

I have a 2000 Country Coach and I simply "took off" the day after I bought it for a 3,000 mile jaunt. Each day was a learning experience! It took me some time to just figure out all the buttons . In my situation , the best way to learn about the coach was to use it. Any questions you have can probably be answered here - so please feel free to ask!

Again , Welcome!

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Gil_J,

What state are you located in?

Hector

Congratulations Gil_J hope you enjoy your new Country Coach. IMO CC has the prettiest paint jobs. After you get comfortable with all the systems post some pictures of your new "ride". Learning is half of the fun of buying a coach!

Enjoy!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Thanks all. We are in Apollo Beach, Fl. We bring it home this weekend and then off to AK late this month.

Gil

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Gil, congrats on the new coach! These things have a way of teaching us ......sometime it is the easy way and some time it is the hard way. But just get started as you are doing. Any problems will surface in due time with use. Just make sure you have the most necessary items understood. Good tires, know how to do the proper brake test, make sure you have no fluid leaks which could cause fire to start, proper safety equipment ie fire extinguishers, safety flares, ect,ect.
    Don't worry, be safe, and you will learn faster than you think. (even though most of us are still learning after 10 or 15 years)
    It is a wonderful life style, so "ENJOY THE RIDE" and know you have many POG friends should you need help..just ask!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Gil & Co......we did about the same as you are doing, picked up our CC in Traverse City, MI and voila started home to Northern Arkansas...in FEB! A lot to learn, and having a couple friends to call for answers or guidance helped. This web site is a plus for you...don't be shy.

I flew out to Texas from Tampa, Florida not sure if I was buying the Bus . By the time I left Texas it was late afternoon. As darkness set in I realized I did not even know how to turn the headlights on. I stopped at a rest stop and spent about thirty minutes figuring out the various controls including the GPS etc. I still remember nervously pulling in to my first truck stop for fuel without knowing for sure how far to pull in to position the fuel pump next to the fill up location since I could not see it clearly from the drivers seat. Just a few examples of all the little details to be learned as you use your new Bus. Congratulations, I know you will find the experience as much fun as I did.

I thought someone might recognize that the 99 CC Gil bought is mine. As some of you know, I started getting ready to open a business in late 2010 after we got back from Yellowstone in Oct 2010. Everything was working on the bus as it should when we got home, but we have not been on a trip since that time. I just changed the oil, the oil filters and fuel filters and lubricated the bus, so I know that should be in good shape. I have continued to start the bus every month and exercise all the systems, so I am hoping Gil has no problems with anything. I replaced the 4 engine batteries in Feb of this year. Gil and his wife are nice people and should fit in nicely with the other poggers. I was going to recommend that he join POG when he comes to pick up the bus, but I see he has beat me to the draw.

Gil, This is a great group of people, with a wealth of knowledge and a willingness to help. This forum will make life much easier if/when you need additional information about anything on the bus. There are many very knowledgeable CC owners, and a bunch more who know Prevosts. Best $100 you will spend on a Prevost. All the friends I kept mentioning when we were talking about the bus were all met through this forum, and they are scattered across sthe U.S.
    Last edited by dale farley; 05-03-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Dale, I thought I recognized the front of the bus, but was not aware of your selling it! Are you going to get another one? If not we will certainly miss you and Paulette. Gil, get in the bus and go. If it belonged to Dale you are in great shape. (Gil, look for some hidden $100.00 bills through out the coach, I'm sure he had a lot of them hidden)
    Dale & Paulette, keep us up to date.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas