Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie question - What tools should we be sure to have with us on a long trip

AmeriStar: That is the contents of a Tennessee Toolbox. I did add a pair of vice grips. Works for me.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Roger, don't forget a coat hanger, and duct tape.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I have heard that some would also have the number of a good Bail Bondsman?

Only if you are parking in NY-NY?
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by normancasson View Post
    I'd say a cell phone and $10,000.00 in cash!
    Norman,

That is funny! True, but funny.

That kind of reminds me when we were crossing the border from Canada into Alaska: the border agent asked me "Do you have over $10,000 in cash on the motorhome?" I replied, "I used to!" It's gone now!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Gary,

We "were" in Vienna. We left a couple days ago and are now in Illinois on the way to Colorado. Someone is house sitting for us till October when we will be back. A lot of Prevost by Fire going on.

Mike, I might suggest a membership in Coach net,

Gary,

Thanks! Got it the first day we got the coach and have already used it. Well worth the $ and they did a great job.

I liked all of your responses so well I printed them all and will head to the hardware store! Any excuse to buy tools.

We are very new to all of this. Purchased a Prevost a couple of months ago and need all the help we can get. First trip was this weekend to the beach for a day. It was wonderful. Now the questions:
    1. anyone have knowledge of handicapped lifts? our 45' has a lift but we are having to adapt it slightly since it stops about 5 inches from the ground(my wife is in a wheelchair from polio). Has anyone ever seen a Wayne lift? Best one around but the company went out of business in 1992 and the one we were going to use was stolen and sold for scrap metal. 2. Suggestions on best places to spend the winter in Florida? Prefer the Keys but other places fine. 3. any experience with an Incinolet toilet? 4. Do we need an automatic leveling system? 5. Should we put an awning over our slide? 6. Suggestions on equipment to clean windshield during trips. 7.What spare parts should we carry with us? 8. Screen door or screens on window suggestions if we go to the keys? 9. How do you find or create a list of things you should have on board? I think 9 questions are enough for my first real post. Oh, we purchased a 2006 Prevost 3-45 and already love it...our first RV! Thanks to all, Otto

Hi Otto. Congradulations on your Prevost and welcome.
    I use my manual leveling, the auto does not work well. I would recommend awnings for several reasons. a. It keeps heat and water of the top of your slide which will prevent de laminating and leaking issues. b. it will be a little cooler inside.
    I use a telescoping handle with a standard bug washer/squeegie for my windshield. You can find at Orchard or any hardware-building store. Re read all of this thread and you'll have a pretty good list.
    Screens are good , the FMCA magazine has lots of vendors for that stuff.
    Happy Trails.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide