Thread: Computers and Printers

Hybrid View

Lightbulb

When buying a printer, be sure to take into account the $$ and ease of obtaining ink. Remember the old shaving razor that you could get for next to nothing and they made their money on the blades, forever more. Just sayin.

JIM

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Good advice about the ink. From my own experience, you can always find HP ink cartridges at Staples and Office Max.
    Another excellent place to buy is Amazon. Their prices are as good as or better than the stores and they ship to your house.
    If you paid the $75 annual fee for the Prime membership, you get 2nd day delivery for free and Next Day for an additional fee of $3.99 - it has been worth my while for sure.
    The Prime membership fee and free shipping applies to any item, as long as it is marked "prime" - that means, you can get PC and monitors and many other items shipped for free and this savings adds-up quickly. Aside frothe benefit of receiving 2nd day delivery.
    Another aside about ink cartridges and printers, you can certainly find less costly ink jet printers. Sometimes for as little as $50 which sounds very tempting. BUT, you cool off really fast, when you check their ink cartridge prices and yield!
    I have always bought HP printers for my business and never gone wrong with that decision.
    Cheers,
    Ronald
    Last edited by Ronald Hiemann; 05-05-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Adding information