Thread: Computers and Printers

Threaded View

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Default Computers and Printers

Seeing Jamie's post on picture sizing, I spied a portable printer set-up behind the driver seat. This prompted me to think of the following.
    I should imagine that many of us do have some kind of PC on board and possibly a printer. The printer can be a problem because most of them are kind of heavy and bulky and you need to connect it to the PC, laptop or what have you, by using a USB cable.
    I did recently find, buy and install a printer, which is not only very compact, it also is a multi-function printer, which copies and scans and faxes documents. Plus, it even does Facebook and it twits.
    Much more important, it is Wi-Fi enabled.
    The printer is an HP ENVY.
    It really is very compact and weighs very little.
    What I like about it the most is, that it installs itself on your wireless network (provided that you have one, i.e. a wireless router).
    So setting it up was easy and took just a couple of minutes. Other than me inserting the setup CD and answering 2 or 3 questions, all else was done by the printer.
    It even printed a test page by itself.
    One other neat feature is the paper tray. It opens automatically when you print and it closes and slides inside, when you are done printing. So no parts sticking out of the printer, either.
    Cost of the printer is about $175
    The printer model is a # 170 or 175, not sure.
    One more IMPORTANT benefit of this printer is, that it works with an iPhone or iPad!!!!! And NO APP needed for that!
    Last edited by Ronald Hiemann; 05-01-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Adding information