Thread: RE: SydnyG's Big Broken Bus!

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii, but the state does not allow motorhomes.

Default RE: SydnyG's Big Broken Bus!

Hi Folks!

Hopefully when you bought your Prevost, you didn't have to spend as money on this craziness as I've gone through the last 6 months......by this time, I could've bought the coach over again!

My entrance stair lights are out AGAIN. They were working so well when I finally wised up, and took the coach over to TRADEWINDS. At that point, I just told them to use the nearest grenade to give it a jolt! These guys are so good, one doesn't have to use force or intimidation with the Elegant Lady. She's just stubborn, that's all.

I have an Analog Multimeter, which I don't have a clue how to use it. Being cool, and owning what I thought was a voltmeter, figured I could fix anything. Finding the fusebox was the easy part, and matching up the schematic with the fuses was so,so....except there were wires in that numbered slot, but no fuses. So, how did the entrance lights work before?

That's what I am asking you to enlighten me on the use of the Analog Multimeter, so I can test some of the fuses/diodes/breakers/blank walls, etc. In the event that is impossible, please just tell me what to change, and where to change it to. So, as a sidenote, at the same time my high beams went out. Are they on the SAME fuse??

Hi Jon and Sparkey!

SydnyG aka Pat

Hi Pat. The step lights come on when the door opens, so there is a door switch involved.
    These lights are 24 volt . 1st step is to verify the fuse circuit # by what is labeled on the wire. 2nd step is to find the correct fuse # .
    If those test ok, then it is a loose connection or a bad door switch.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii, but the state does not allow motorhomes.

Hi Garyde!

Thank you for your assistance with my stair lights. There is no "door switch", per se. There are two white push buttons halfway down the door frame, and I tried to follow them from in back of the glove box. All look as though they are connected right, but the next thing I will have to check is the fuse. There is no label on the wires, so I will hunt for it in the outside fuse box by the drivers' side. Could be a loose connection, and there must be a correlation to the high beam switch because both went off at the same time. I certainly hope your Elegant Lady behaves herself better than my Lady does! Thanks again for the instruction, and at dawn I will open the fuse Bay.

Pat

It occurred to me last night that the door lighting may be on the chasis power which is 12 volt and the relay and the circuit breaker and fuses are in the drivers side door . There is a label with all of the descriptions of what all the relays and circuit breakers operate. I will check my own and let you know.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Hi Pat, Long time no see! These buses are like our body, you know the hip bone connected to the leg bone etc. Well I ain't no doctor! and certainly not a mechanic, so these beast can be contrary at times. Owning my bus has been a learning experience to say the least! but I am learning, and have had a wonderful time in the process. Your bus, being a senior needs a little help more often than the younger ones do. Your Liberty was and still is a Elegant Lady. You will get to the bottom of these issues, just stop and take a deep breath and remember how fortunate we are to be on this journey! Look forward to seeing you, maybe in V.A.? You will know what "Laid back means" Gary & Megan